OMG! A 12!??

Options
So...this is my first success post and I am SO excited!!! I had to go shopping today for new workout wear....for a couple of reasons:

1. I have never really had good workout wear before and now wear it 6 days a week :laugh:
2. Every time I do jumping jacks my once tight yoga pants now fall down....:blushing: My hubby thinks its funny...me, not so much!

So went shopping with my twin girls (they are 8). Tried on a bunch of XL's because that is always where I start.....after a while of down sizing everything I picked out to try on I found a fit. The sports bra and yoga pant is a MEDIUM!! the tag actually says (and believe me I checked it 3 times!) "M/M (12)" YAY!! WHOOT WHOOT!!! :drinker: When I tried them on my girls both looked at me and in surround sound said "Mommy....you are SO SKINNY!!" lol :flowerforyou: I still have a ways to go, but damn this feels good!

I LOVE this site!! It has changed my life :bigsmile:

Replies

• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    So...this is my first success post and I am SO excited!!! I had to go shopping today for new workout wear....for a couple of reasons:

1. I have never really had good workout wear before and now wear it 6 days a week :laugh:
    2. Every time I do jumping jacks my once tight yoga pants now fall down....:blushing: My hubby thinks its funny...me, not so much!

So went shopping with my twin girls (they are 8). Tried on a bunch of XL's because that is always where I start.....after a while of down sizing everything I picked out to try on I found a fit. The sports bra and yoga pant is a MEDIUM!! the tag actually says (and believe me I checked it 3 times!) "M/M (12)" YAY!! WHOOT WHOOT!!! :drinker: When I tried them on my girls both looked at me and in surround sound said "Mommy....you are SO SKINNY!!" lol :flowerforyou: I still have a ways to go, but damn this feels good!

congrats thats is awesome ...... keep up the awesome job:flowerforyou: ... cant wait until i can get in a medium :tongue:
  • AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
  • jazzyjules2004
    jazzyjules2004 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Congrats! It has changed my life as well. I can't wait till the end of the day to see my progress and its ok even if I've had a bad day! Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Grate
    Grate Posts: 71
    Options
    I love this site too. I also had an exciting buy. I bought a size 8 pair of pants. I'm thrilled to pieces as I used to be a 16. Yahoooo!!!!!!!!!
  • laughingfox
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations! You are an inspiration. I can't wait til I can join you in the medium aisle! :flowerforyou:
  • jenlhynes
    Options
    I am so proud and inspired by you. nice job!!!
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Girl doesnt that feel great...especially when kids say it..kids are brutally honest:laugh: :flowerforyou: Good Job.my lil brutha told me the samething when months ago he call me fat :laugh:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options

CONGRATULATIONS! :flowerforyou:
    It's SUCH a great feeling, isn't it?!!! :happy:
    MFP has changed the lives for soooooooo many of us! :happy: I can't thank Mike, and all the wonderfully supportive members enough for the difference they've made in my life! :love: :happy:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I love this site too. I also had an exciting buy. I bought a size 8 pair of pants. I'm thrilled to pieces as I used to be a 16. Yahoooo!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS! :flowerforyou: It's such a great feeling! :happy:
    I went from a tight 18 when I started here, to wearing mostly 8's now a days! NICE! :happy:
  • mandyor
    Options
    Welll done your doing great no wonder your so proud of you. :flowerforyou: I have the same problem when i'm working out with my bottoms staying up :blushing: Have to go shopping soon. Congratualions and keep going
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I can't wait to be there! :tongue:
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo for you!!!!
  • vitabella
    vitabella Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thats WONDERFUL! Keep up the good work
    :flowerforyou:
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options

This is awesome! Good for you! I was an 18 before I started this site and lost a lot on my own but this site has helped me keep going tremendously! I am hoping soon to get into that 12 as well. I am in a 14 right now but, they are a bit loose but, can't quite get into a 12-hate that in between phase. Where you are right now is my pre-preg and can't wait to get there. I gained 72 lbs. with my baby girl. I have lost 63 of it and can't wait to be where you are - so excited for you and you just made me that much more excited because I will be right there with you soon! Keep up the awesome work!!!! Congrats! :flowerforyou:
  • kokonutmama
    Options
    :flowerforyou: yay!
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    That's great! I'm so happy for you and I can't wait until that's my size too! Keep up the great work.
  • AshleyTaylor2017
    AshleyTaylor2017 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    congratulations!!!
  • tlapdx72
    tlapdx72 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    That's Awesome!!! So happy for you! I can hardly wait to get there. It is posts like yours that help me know that it is possible. Thanks for sharing!:flowerforyou:
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic and great!!!

I was stoked when I went from XL and 16/18 to L and 12/14, which is where I am now. Can't wait until I am in a Medium either...........

And I am going to do back handsprings when I get to S and XS again!!! Haven't been there in about 12 years.
  • cnutbrown
    cnutbrown Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your posts! It is easy to feel proud and stay motivated when we can all help each other :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!