victory!

Options
I kicked my parents off the pedestals I've had them on for all of my life, and I feel freeeeee.

Also, I met a boy and I liiiiikkkeeee him. Like, I like him so much that I've been making him wait. Yeah. Go Paula, amiright? But I'm totally gonna give it up here soon, 'cause he deserves it lol

I'm GRATEFUL!

What are y'all grateful for today?

Replies

• ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Woohoo for freedom! And omg that new guy feeling is awesome isn't it ? I'm married , but I still feel that way about my hubby a lot of times :D
    I'm grateful that my bestie and I stopped fighting today (well technically I was ignoring her bc she p*ssed me off lol) and I'm grateful that the weather is finally warming up and I can start working on my tan and exercising outside again !
  • paulaGetshealthy
    Options
    love it!
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    just curious what's the special mention that you kick your parents off to pedestal? while you can be free in an elegant fashion.

well, i'm a parent to a 20 year old, just scared that respect to elders is something that is out in today's generation. i remember moving out but no bitter or awkward feeling towards my parents.

is your being a bad parent you think?
  • paulaGetshealthy
    Options
    my dad was (is) an alcoholic, both of my parents are cheaters, and both fail to recognize that I have a serious eating disorder. I love them, but I don't owe them any praise.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    oh i see what you mean, with those, then i might feel the same way too.

hope you can do well, and i know you can.

cheers
  • jplord
    jplord Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I am grateful I had incredible parents who were flawed but loving and patient; not always right, but gave me enough rope to hang myself or get it together. Mom died 1/25/12 and Dad was gone 3 years ago. I miss them every day.

I am grateful for a patient and funny wife who rocks my socks and manages to keep our home looking more like a home and less like my last apartment, dammit.

I am grateful for a challenging job, four daughters who are finding their own way, and an immediate world around our home that grows back better than ever after it was destroyed by wildfire in 2007.

I am grateful I can make people laugh. Sometimes.
    Thanks for your thread - gratitude is the ATTITUDE!