I Need Help to get to a Size 8!!!

Options
Hey everybody. I'm currently a size 12 and weigh 190lbs (i've been told I don't look it). But even still I would like to ultimately get down to a size 8 or about 160lbs. I've already lost 30 lbs last year, I used to be 222lbs but ever since then I've been stuck hovering around 190lbs. I feel like giving up. :( Any advice?

Replies

• BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody. I'm currently a size 12 and weigh 190lbs (i've been told I don't look it). But even still I would like to ultimately get down to a size 8 or about 160lbs. I've already lost 30 lbs last year, I used to be 222lbs but ever since then I've been stuck hovering around 190lbs. I feel like giving up. :( Any advice?

Hi MTweety, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to get to the size that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also, under "all topics", then "general", and check out the first few threads. They'll really help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
    As for exercise, it doesn't always have to be awful. For my exercise, I walk almost every day, (weather permitting!) I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. (Like "Love Shack", Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", and "Gloria")
    It's free, (unlike a gym!) fun, and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored! :happy:
    I also recently aquired the Wii Fit, and jog to that, which is a lot of fun, and easy too! :smile:
    So, to make a LONG story short, make good food choices, eat in moderation, get some exercise, and you WILL lose the weight that you want to! :smile:
  • 135gratitude
    Options
    You will do it!!! I started here on MFP, 13 weeks ago, at 168.5 lbs, or a size 12 (I'm 5'8" tall) and now I am 148 lbs (20 lbs lost!!) and a size 8 in juniors, and a size 6 in women's (e.g. The Gap)! I'm down to 38-27-39!

It is so exciting! YOU CAN DO IT!!!! I thought I would just be a "bigger girl" for my whole life, but now I am going all the way - hopefully to a size 4 or even 2!

All you have to do is truly, and honestly follow the calories on here! Nothing extra goes in your mouth that doesn't get logged, and never go over your calories. It really is simple. I have a friend who did this along with me, but she's lost almost nothing. Nothing. She starts out the day logging, then kind of gives up, and snack in front of the tv in the evening! Not good!

Follow the plan, and you will succeed!
    Betty
    :flowerforyou:
  • jigs
    jigs Posts: 70
    Options
    Welcome!
    You can lose 30 lbs. I joined because my weight had been creeping up and a co-worker told me she lost 40lbs with this web site. I've only been on a few weeks and have lost half of my 20. It really helps to log your food before you eat (make/go get) it. Once you see the numbers you might want to make a healthier choice. I've given up Quizno's and limit my Coke to 1 a day (down from 3 or 4!). That alone probably helped. But, you'll also feel like exercising so you can eat more. At least, it's been an incentive for me.

Best wishes on your success!
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    You will do it!!! I started here on MFP, 13 weeks ago, at 168.5 lbs, or a size 12 (I'm 5'8" tall) and now I am 148 lbs (20 lbs lost!!) and a size 8 in juniors, and a size 6 in women's (e.g. The Gap)! I'm down to 38-27-39!

It is so exciting! YOU CAN DO IT!!!! I thought I would just be a "bigger girl" for my whole life, but now I am going all the way - hopefully to a size 4 or even 2!

All you have to do is truly, and honestly follow the calories on here! Nothing extra goes in your mouth that doesn't get logged, and never go over your calories. It really is simple. I have a friend who did this along with me, but she's lost almost nothing. Nothing. She starts out the day logging, then kind of gives up, and snack in front of the tv in the evening! Not good!

Betty

Betty76 - you look awesome!!! I am shredding right now and it is tough! Really tough! I am so persistent to get where you are, though. You look amazing!
    Mtweety33 - You will get there, it takes time but you will! Like Betty said follow this plan you will will do awesome!

Do not give up - persistence wins!!!!!!!!
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options

Betty

Wow...your avatar pic looks great.
  • 135gratitude
    Options
    Thanks for the nice words ladies!

We will ALL reach our goals!
  • mtweety33
    Options
    Thanks so much for you great advice and support everyone. I really appreciate it and I'm definitely feeling motivated again. Thank you!!! :flowerforyou: