Daily Cals Vs Weekly Cals Question.

Options
I was wondering if anyone here doesn't do the daily calories but does the calories by the week...Kinda like banking calories for a "Cheat" day or if you know something major is coming up like a cook out, church dinner, birthday party. Is it even possible? Would it hurt more than it helps?

Replies

• leanby2013
    leanby2013 Posts: 137
    Options
    Ive done this for the past 3 weeks now, count my calories so theres still a deficit after a 3000 cal cheat day on saturday :)
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Ive done this for the past 3 weeks now, count my calories so theres still a deficit after a 3000 cal cheat day on saturday :)

Thanks for the response :)
  • Guitarjon
    Guitarjon Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I don't tend to look at it over the full week but I certainly know if I have had a bad couple of days that I need to get those calories back. The dietician my other half sees actually told her to eat a little bit less one day if she knows she is going out for a bigger meal the day after to sort of bank the calories. I tend to do it the other way around. If I feel I need the food I have it and try my best the day after to resolve the calories.

Another thing I do is plan out my meals. For example Monday- Friday whilst at work, I tend to eat a simular meal for breakfast and simular for dinner so I roughly have enough calories for what ever I have for tea.

I also make my self work for the food. If I am near my limit and want something with more calories in I will go for a run or do exercise to allow me to eat the calories.
  • huntindawg1962
    huntindawg1962 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I was wondering if anyone here doesn't do the daily calories but does the calories by the week...Kinda like banking calories for a "Cheat" day or if you know something major is coming up like a cook out, church dinner, birthday party. Is it even possible? Would it hurt more than it helps?

Do you mean only log it weekly or log daily but look at the week as a whole. The latter is fine IMO but takes a really good memory and great self control and self-discipline to make it work by the week (which I would propose if any of us had we would not be here now :smokin: )
  • TXRobinD
    TXRobinD Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I did a spread sheet last week to look at my weekly/monthly averages and it was very enlightening to be able to look at it in a whole instead of daily. I realized I was not eating the amount of calories I thought and it left me average the amount of calories I was burning during exercise. I work out 4 days a week and now I know what that averages out to per day of the week. I think it was very good for me to see it this way. Now this week I am looking at it as an average of the week and not just daily and I feel like it helps me see the big picture better. My spreadsheet covers about 3 months. I highly recommend doing a spreadsheet and looking at your averages instead of your daily totals.

Good luck.
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options

Do you mean only log it weekly or log daily but look at the week as a whole. The latter is fine IMO but takes a really good memory and great self control and self-discipline to make it work by the week (which I would propose if any of us had we would not be here now :smokin: )

Logging daily (I know myself if I didn't I would be way over each day) but just trying to keep account on them for a week worth... I do see your point though and I know myself, right now my self discipline isn't that great and tbh I"m probably just looking for an excuse to binge eat.
  • emmalouc93
    emmalouc93 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I thought of doing this, and I discovered that, based on this week only, which was pretty bad I'll admit.. while I am under some days, I am over weekly by 859 cals.... How can this be avoided???

Like, if I am under some days, but never over by much more than 40cals, should I worry about the weekly 800?

(Bear in mind this isn't counting exercise which is only about 300, maybe more.)

This is confusing to me.