Anyone over 300lb, steadily losing?

Options
I am interested in talking to any ladies who are over or just under 300lb, who are consistently losing. I weigh around 338lb, and am struggling to lose at the moment, I keep losing and gaining the same 3lb, the lowest I have been is 335 lb. Week days are mostly fine, it's the weekends when the family is at home that I struggle.

Any advice and tips would be great.

Replies

• _hi_hat3r_
    _hi_hat3r_ Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Be consistent.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Yes, me :-) I've lost 20lbs since 1st March and still going at it!

My best advice is to be aware of and track everything you put in your mouth and exercise for extra calories - it's the only way I could get through weekends without gaining I think!
  • Pepsi_addict
    Pepsi_addict Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am hovering around there and I just feel stuck. I think that I really need more support and reminders to repair my flagging motivation :(
  • scorpiomfs
    scorpiomfs Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    bump
  • shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I started the year off at 303 and have lost 42.8 pounds so far. I've lost weight every week so far, sometimes 5 pounds while others was as little as 1. I just drink lots of water (I don't really drink much of anything else but if I do I make sure to earn it with exercise), got lots of exercise and made better food choices. My family also eats better now because I do the shopping and they eat what I make. I bought a food scale a few weeks into my journey and now weigh everything that I eat so that I make sure I don't overeat. All of this combined though has added up to helping me consistently lose weight every week, even when I have cheat meals and what not.
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I weighed 380 pounds 5.5 years ago...currently weigh 189 pounds...unfortunately i had too where for months i would lose but stick at it...eat clean and eventually the scales will move consistently again :)
  • playtash
    playtash Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm currently 316 down from 329 and Its been slow and sometimes I think its too much but, then I realize that I'm worth it. It may sound cheesy but its true. Its hard to do some of the workouts, its hard to not eat what ever I want when I want. However, I walk when I can't do a hard workout and if I really want it I just have a little. I'm just startint but I know its worth it in the end. If you really track what and how much you're eating you will see why the pounds keep coming back and that way you can figure out how to lose them for good (my problem was bread) I'm always here if you need someone to talk to

Ps i've lost 80lbs in the past
  • DebbieMc3
    DebbieMc3 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Until you commit to staying on your program you will always yoyo.
    Life happens. There will always be a party, holiday, dinner...... You need to decide what is more important to you. Being healthy or eating on weekends. I struggle every day.
    Take things one day at a time. This journey is long and hard but together, we can do it!
    Friend me if you would like to.
    Debbie
  • jiddu17
    jiddu17 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I am around there. I have lost 2lbs per week the last 5 weeks, not enough to make my doctor happy, but enough to keep me motivated. Some tips I've learned (as this is NOT my first rodeo):

Find at least one fruit and one vegetable you like. Eat the hell out of it. Even if you only like cucumbers and grapes... buy them in bulk. Divide them up in easy to grab portions in your fridge. you can change up cukes by dipping in a low-cal vinagrette, or topping them with just one or two strands of your favorite shredded cheese.

Eat 100-200 calories at a time.

Do not try to borrow cals from working out or skipping a snack. Instead of giving yourself the leeway to eat more at dinner, think of it as an extra 1/2 pound you might lose this week.

Don't deny yourself a craving either, tho... just make sure you are only eating 100-200 calories of it. Give the rest away.

Get used to eating smaller portions, not get used to being hungry.

At our size, I don't believe in "cheat days" or "finding a way around things" - it's a matter of our life or our death. Either choose to become healthy, or die from morbid obesity. I see a lot of posts by people who are in a much healthier weight range who suggest things that are acceptable for THAT weight range. Do not look to those posts as if the rules apply to us. They don't.

Eat something at home before you go to a meal you don't think you will be able to have control over.

If you are going to a restaurant, ask for a carry out box and put half of your meal into it right away. Do not eat these leftovers that night. You will also feel like you are getting your money's worht out of this one. HA!

In any given meal, 50% of the food consumed whould be fruit or veg. I find that I like steamed carrots with almost any meal. And most of my lunches are some form of cucumber salad (usually a cucumber, a tomato and a few mini bell peppers), I find lettuce goes bad too quickly in my house, so I have stopped wasting my time buying it.

Only buy starches with real benefit. Brown rice (made with chicken Stock is more palatable, imo) - Sweet Potatoes, or, Organic Russets. Whole Wheat Pasta. Whole Grain Bread.

Re-calculate your BMI with every 2 pounds lost.

Only weigh yourself once per week. Or, at least... don't read into a weight gain from day to day. I find weighing myself every day does help me determine if I had too much salt the day before or ate too late the previous night. I choose to weigh myself on Friday. Then I KNOW going into the weekend if I need to stay on track, or work harder. I weigh myself on Friday, but I will occasionally also have a take out meal on Friday night... I'm still smart about it, but if I misstep, I have a week to correct it.

I highly recommend reading up on what all the liver does. It will become far more apparent why it is necessary to deliver foods to our body that don't tax the liver. All of the damage we have already done to ourselves, much of it can't be reversed, but make a decision to stop the damage.

For many of us in, or at, the 3 mark, our doctors or loved ones, or our self image, has us beating down the door of weight loss, scale pounds, pant size, whatever... the fact is, it is far more important to have healthy figures on a blood screening. THAT is what tells us what our insides are doing. Don't work at fitting into any one size, or being any one weight... don't try and calculate what weight you will be at if you lose 2-3 lbs per week for the next 6 weeks... because you are automatically going to assume 3lbs x 6 = 18 lbs... And when the six weeks are up and you've only lost four pounds, you will feel a sense of failure. Take every victory you can. Don't expect to change pant sizes for awhile, don't expect people to notice. Expectation leads to disappointment. I have been wearing a 24 from 284lbs-315lbs. Obviously, they were a little tight at one point :) My point is... if you aren't even changing pant sizes, you can't expect other people to notice. Yes, it is a lot of weight (30 lbs) - but it is not for others to validate. That will come, in time, but for now... take your two pounds, don't read into it, don't multiply it out to the future, and don't try on a smaller pair of pants that you've had in your closet. Think of 2 lbs as a guide. You know it works, you can mimic everyday the same way. Keep plugging along. And remember - whether you have lost 18lbs by six weeks from now, or not, that six weeks is still going to pass.
  • jiddu17
    jiddu17 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Also - if you could give some examples of the differences between your family being home versus not, maybe we can pinpoint some things that will help.