I finally hit my goal, but...

Options
Hi! After nearly 3 years of MFP and changing up my lifestyle, I finally hit my goal weight of 125. I started out at 142 lbs so I didn't really have that much to lose. However, I'm only 5' tall and 125 lbs doesn't look anything like I imagined it would. I'm still barely in the "healthy" BMI range and that is only by a fraction. I definitely look and feel way better than I did a few years ago but now I have to set a new goal. I'm sad that 125 lbs doesn't look the way that I expected, but 117 lbs will hopefully do the trick! I haven't been in the teens since I was in middle school and even then I was uber chunky because of my height. The good news is that all of my lifestyle changes that I've made make the journey just another part of life and not "work" at all. So, I guess I'll just keep on living my life and hopefully the weight will come off! I'm running my first marathon in January so maybe training will help!

Plus, as my reward for FINALLY hitting my first goal after so long, I'm joining a super fancy gym for the summer!

Thanks for listening! Have any of you had this same experience?

Replies

• azwaa
    azwaa Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Good for you. The best part of life is meeting your goals and realising you can do even better. Without something to strive for, life is boring.
  • huntindawg1962
    huntindawg1962 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Congratulations ...... and good luck on what is really the start of your journey. Losing it was the first step. Staying away from becoming a part of the 90% regain statistic is now your target. And it really did not matter if you lost it fast or slow - keeping up those good things that got you here is your real challenge - great job and best wishes to you on your continued success!
  • britexmom
    britexmom Posts: 145
    Options
    well done on reaching your goal...i would imagine that joining a gym will help you to get the body that you will be happy with :)
  • idziak04
    idziak04 Posts: 69
    Options
    Congrats!
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    Good for you. The best part of life is meeting your goals and realising you can do even better. Without something to strive for, life is boring.

What she said!!! :flowerforyou:
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I'm the same height as you, and as I get closer to my 125 goal, I have the same thoughts. I thought I'd be very slim at 125, but right now I'm 132 and I don't think 7 pounds is going to give me the body I had imaginged. Hopefully the lifestyle change will take us both where we need to be without really having to "work" at it. Good luck!
  • beaner1st
    beaner1st Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I set one goal for weight then another then another. I now have been the same weight for over 3 months and am very happy with it however still needed more goals. Now I am working at building muscle and lowering my body fat below 20%. I totally understand the need to set a new goal and to do that within the lifestyle I now have. It should not be work and it is not. "Living my life" is exactly what it is. I like that you gave yourself a reward.
  • marthafox1
    marthafox1 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I moved my weight goals about 3 times before I attained the weight that I felt best suited me. I then changed my goal to inch loss and body fat reduction - a goal I am still working on. I also constantly change my fitness goals so that I am always challenging myself to work harder, get fitter, be the best I have been......EVER!

So you see, we are all pretty much saying the same thing.

We are permanently moving the goal posts - but in the right direction!
  • amccall69
    amccall69 Posts: 19
    Options
    There's something to be said about never being satisfied! :)

I'm 4'11" and currently at 149 (my heaviest was 170 4 yrs ago). I'm built curvy and thick and I carry my weight pretty solid and my goal is 125. I suppose I too will re-evaluate WHEN I get there!

Good luck on your new goal!