Victorious Victoria Day Challenge -- April 21

Options
Good Morning all.

Our filming schedule has been a bit crazy, but I managed to get in 20 minutes of a "Turbo Jam" DVD yesterday and 20 minutes on the elliptical, keeping my HR up for the full time. Then I did a quick core yoga routine and hit the sack exhausted.

Off to New Orleans today, so my goal is to get in 30 minutes on the bike before the flight, then perhaps a 30 minute walk once I get there.

Other goals:
Keep within calorie range
Stretch in the mornings (got this done already)
Meditate for a few minutes each day. I always find it makes a difference during these crazy shoots.

I'm at the halfway point now, looking forward to going home.

Replies

• wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Good Morning all.

Our filming schedule has been a bit crazy, but I managed to get in 20 minutes of a "Turbo Jam" DVD yesterday and 20 minutes on the elliptical, keeping my HR up for the full time. Then I did a quick core yoga routine and hit the sack exhausted.

Off to New Orleans today, so my goal is to get in 30 minutes on the bike before the flight, then perhaps a 30 minute walk once I get there.

Other goals:
    Keep within calorie range
    Stretch in the mornings (got this done already)
    Meditate for a few minutes each day. I always find it makes a difference during these crazy shoots.

I'm at the halfway point now, looking forward to going home.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Today is sculpting. . .I'm planning on the BL DVD, and doing the Jillian and Bob sections.

Then, it's off to writing. (major paper deadline approaching)

Happy Monday to all!:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did an hour on the elliptical and a very slow bike ride. A friend of mine got a new bike and she's really not used to it yet, thus the slow ride. I also stretched and did some balance.

So my new calendar has stretching for 10 minutes and balance for 5 minutes per day. Today I'm going to yoga and strength training, so these are easy to fit in - there's always balance in strength class, if not in yoga.

I may have to add, stay away from the dried fruit in my challenge. I was mixing a few pieces in my yogurt for before workout snack, but now I'm grabbing some after meals as a replacement for dessert. While good for you, it's packed with calories and I don't always count them. I should only allow fresh fruit and get rid of it. I like it so though. Ever freeze it? I wonder if that would work.
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    Good Monday morning all! We had a terrific weekend here-high 70's both days and I took full advantage by staying outside ALL DAY! I did tons of yard work.

Today I'm back to HipHop Abs Total Body Burn and my weights. I'm going to start walking after dinner now that's it's warm enough to bring my little one.
  • dragonscapes24
    Options
    Hey Everyone... welcome to the beginning of a new week... this morning I got up and did my first Making the cut circuit... it was tough:grumble: ... I didn't quite make it through the entire thing but I did get in 30 mins:smile: ... had oatmeal for pre workout breakfast and now I am having a protein shake as a post workout snack... In a little bit I am going to take the dog for a walk... then do some gardening:flowerforyou: ... then egg salad sandwich for lunch with a big salad on the side... then it's off to class... first day of new mod and I will find out how my grades look for last mod:noway: ... then I come home to a chicken salad and possibly another walk... It's looking like a great day to me... I am so glad that spring is here...
    Have an amazing monday:bigsmile: ..
    Jenn
  • NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Good morning all of you amazing exercisers! Sounds like everyone is doing a FANTASTIC job! Keep up the GREAT work!!!

Didn't check in this weekend but I rode my bike for 45 min on Saturday and walked for an hour yesterday. Today will probably be my bike plus a dvd... we will see!

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Have a super day!
    Niccole
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I'm back. I need to get on here more. I only got in two lifting sessions last week with the chaos of conference tournaments for all of our spring sports. I spent a lot of time walking/standing rather than sitting though and discovered the grilled chicken wraps at Wendy's & McDonalds are good :tongue:

Even without working out I did not gain, so I'm actually pretty happy about that. Started today off on the right foot. Workout is already done, and I have lots of time this week to stick to it.

TWO MORE WEEKS! Then 1 week of final exams & 3 months of SUMMER BREAK! YIPEE :drinker:
  • vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    Options
    Got my walk in first thing this morning then had to babysit a friends little one (more like referee between my jealous little one and the baby trying to stop here pocking her in the eye) Managed to find time this affy to do my Core secrets dvd..

So total 45 min prompt walk, 1 hour walk pushing a pram. and dvd.

Tomorrow is just as hectic got a doctors app at 845 and then we are babysitting again this time its babies 2 year old sister 10 till 1 so I will use my crosstrainer first thing and walk the dogs at 2. hopefully all will go to plan and I will squeeze everything in.

Weight has stayed the same for weeks so hopefully picking up the pace this week will make all the difference next week it will just be walking I am dog sitting my mum dogs so that means I will walk mine go to her house groom her 2 dogs and then walk them for an hour so I don't think I will have time for my ellitical or the energy I will be clocking up 2 1/2 to 3 hours walking every day for 2 weeks.

Have a good day all.