Yo-Yo weight - need some advice

Options
I have gained and lost the same five-ish pounds for the last six weeks. For some reason I can't seem to get past this and continue on my journey. Any constructive criticism would be appreciated. I know part of my issue is not enough exercise but what am I doing wrong in the food department?

Replies

• cydonian
    cydonian Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Your weight will naturally fluctuate from week to week, day to day and even hour to hour. Gaining 5-7 lbs by the end of the day is not uncommon. Weigh yourself on a particular day, say a Saturday morning, after you've gone to the bathroom and without clothing. Do this for 3 weeks and see if you're really gaining and losing that 5 lbs... you have to weigh yourself at the same time each time, and you can't bother doing it daily.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I have gained and lost the same five-ish pounds for the last six weeks. For some reason I can't seem to get past this and continue on my journey. Any constructive criticism would be appreciated. I know part of my issue is not enough exercise but what am I doing wrong in the food department?

You'll need to log your eating on here and make the diary publically visible if you want an answer to the last bit.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    You've turned off carbs in your diary, but look to be getting 60 - 80 % of calories from them some days, sugar is also often high. It's the classic low fat dieting approach, which doesn't work for me but hopefully others will comment.

Some days are low on protein, I would try to maintain that around target or a bit higher and cut back the carbs and especially sugars replacing them with calories from oils and fats - less of the lean / low fat options and more "standard" foods.
  • chrisb75
    chrisb75 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Another 1200 calorie dieter stalls...coincidence? I think not.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/586298-if-you-are-scared-to-increase-calories
  • jaxandmaksmom
    jaxandmaksmom Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    You have to eat the right amount of calories for you..dont not eat them to beat the system.. Years of research and clinical studies have shown how many calories you need to lose weight.. the body without fuel will not change.. it gets "scared" and holds on to the carbs as fat.
    And i noticed that while you are up in the fiber you are also from what i assume ( you have your carbs off,,, ouch i would lose it not knowing the carb count every day) your carbs are high. I try and keep mine lower than the suggested and keep most of them complex rather than simple carbs...

and the suger is high.. which makes your insulin levels all wacka doo...

so basicly. cut carbs and suger.. eat more... exercise always helps too... and WATER