30 Day Shred Jillian Michaels

Options
Babykinz
Babykinz Posts: 14 Member
Hi
I'm about to start this workout today as I've not been keeping on track with my diet & put 7lbs back on.

I was just wondering if this workout helps with weight loss & tone up all over your body or does it just focus on areas?

Did anyone who has done this see dramatic results?

Thanks

Replies

• Julieelliott12
    Julieelliott12 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Dramatic.. no.. but I only did it for like 12 days.. I didn't see any changes, but my hubby said there were noticable changes after only a few days. I just started this up again the yesterday, and I'm down 0.6lbs if thats any difference.
  • Jwanguy
    Jwanguy Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    you may not lose alot of weight but you will in inches. Keep focus and stick to it,
  • alliecat40
    alliecat40 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this for the second time and each time overall fitness improved along with inches removed.
  • suziek1969
    suziek1969 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm on level 2, day 8 and I've only lost a pound but there are really noticeable changes. I thought I was quite fit but it's hard!

Measure yourself & take photos & if you put the effort in the results will make it all worthwhile.

Good luck with it :smile:
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I am going to repeat this workout, I lost inches, like plenty of and also toned amazingly. It is a vey good workout eventhough it is really short in duration. it works. i cant remember if i lost pounds too but frankly if you shrink and tone up and look better who cares what the scale says! enjoy
  • MelV1
    MelV1 Posts: 31
    Options
    Great question...I am just going to start it too! Good luck!
  • paulyarwooduk
    paulyarwooduk Posts: 109
    Options
    you may not lose alot of weight but you will in inches. Keep focus and stick to it,

▲This▲

I stuck to level 1 throughout and I still lost weight and inches. I now do another of Jillian's routines and I'm losing inches but not the pounds.
  • Giraffe33991
    Giraffe33991 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Did it 30 days straight (no other exercise) and n o rest days (it's only 20 mins!)

I lost 14.5 pounds and 8.75 inches in 30 days! Although I was up around 200 pounds at that time.

Good luck!
  • leopard_barbie
    leopard_barbie Posts: 279 Member
    Options

^^^agreed, am currently on day 8, done it before but never stuck with it for 30 days but im going to this time!
  • sel254
    sel254 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing 30DS as well - I attempted it in February but didn't follow it through. Started again last Wednesday and I've lost 2lbs since - not necessarily ALL down to 30DS as I cycle and walk a lot as well but my strength is definitely improving and I find the routine easier to do each time I do it. Good luck!
  • Arunakae
    Arunakae Posts: 83
    Options
    I've been doing the shred for 8 days now and before that I had gained 3 unwanted pounds on a vacation and I have lost those and am back down to my starting 120/119, it depends on the day. Other than that I'm not seeing significant weight loss, but I am seeing a difference in how my body looks and feels. Also I'm not going for huge changes, my goal is only to lose 10 pounds and honestly if I'm looking healthy I'd be fine only losing 5, so I'm not sure if what I say is super helpful. But I love the shred, it makes me feel alive and really good about my body, I totally recommend, even if not to lose weight, just to be healthier and more active. As always, along with doing the shred I've been eating healthier and all of that, so it's more than just dedication to the work-out, it's dedication to your whole life. I hope this helps :)
  • Arunakae
    Arunakae Posts: 83
    Options
    I am going to repeat this workout, I lost inches, like plenty of and also toned amazingly. It is a vey good workout eventhough it is really short in duration. it works. i cant remember if i lost pounds too but frankly if you shrink and tone up and look better who cares what the scale says! enjoy

^^^^ I totally agree with this person! :D
  • Agirard25
    Agirard25 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I;ve been doing it for about 2 weeks-all at level one--about 5-6 days a week. I have not lost weight--BUT I def have lost inches! My pants are starting to slip right off, I can get most off without unbuttoning which NEVER happened before!!! I'm sticking with it, even if I am not seeing lbs on the scale...I might add two or three runs back into my week....I have let those go the past few weeks and have not been seeing any weight lost! INCHES for sure though!
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    It's all about what you put into it. You CAN see a measurable difference, but you have to give it your all AND complete the full 30 days. You can't complete a week, not see any results, and then quit. It doesn't work that way. One day builds upon the next, and you may not see results for 2 weeks but you will see them.

30-day-shred-results-03.jpg
  • Babykinz
    Options
    Thanks for all your replys, it's great to hear such encouragement & success from everyone.
  • chunk1691
    chunk1691 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    im on my second round using heavier weights this time, i loved it but i did put on 4 pounds but lost 8 inches and feel so much better, my before and after pics are on my profile pic, feel free to take a look. good luck. x
  • Ed_81
    Ed_81 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'll be doing day 2 level 2 tonight, I've done the first 10 days straight and gone straight into level 2. My pictures after just the first level are really surprising!!! I look loads better :) I'll be posting my before's and afters when I have completed day 30 :)
  • idziak04
    idziak04 Posts: 69
    Options
    I lost about 5 pounds doing the 30DS. I wish that I would have taken my measurements because I know that I lost inches in my waist and hips. Like some of the previous posters have said, stick with it and you will definitely notice a difference. Good luck to you!
  • Babykinz
    Options
    Ok so I've just done Day 1 & I found it really difficult, I had to keep stopping, my heart was pounding & my legs feel like they are about to drop off.

I must be very unfit.
  • amccall69
    amccall69 Posts: 19
    Options
    I just did day 1 level 1 this morning too...I tried it once, months ago, and seriously only lasted 5 minutes!

Today I did it all the way through although I felt like I only gave maybe 70% but now I know what to expect and I will start giving 110% tomorrow.

I'm still of the opinion JM is the spawn of Satan...but I'll do what she says just the same.

Good luck. If a 400 lb person can do jumping jacks...so can YOU! :)