Okay what gives

Options
I just want to know why in the world I have lost 18 pounds and I am still in the same size pants??? What does it take to see a new size hanging off my tags??:angry:

Replies

• scostello24
    scostello24 Posts: 126
    Options
    I just want to know why in the world I have lost 18 pounds and I am still in the same size pants??? What does it take to see a new size hanging off my tags??:angry:
  • snelfk
    snelfk Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have been wondering the same thing, I've lost 15 and still in the same size, they fit looser but the size hasn't changed...
  • Xtracrispy69
    Options
    It could be weight loss of water or something else within the body. Weightloss is never text book, any change on the scale is a good thing. Also different times of day, different scales, and whether or not you've moved the bowels can change the weight. SOunds crazy
  • sportsmomof2
    Options
    Thank Goodness...I am not the only one with that question...I was wondering the same thing!!

:smile:
  • rayneenie
    rayneenie Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    My Mom told me the other day that she always heard it took roughly 20 pounds to see a smaller size
  • bonkers5975
    bonkers5975 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Yup, that's been my experience too! However, I'm only 11 lbs down, and I've lost a shirt size, though the pants are just loose. Always the way, huh? :tongue:
  • scostello24
    Options
    Well I am glad to see its not just me. I think I was also one of those that refused to go up another size before I started my journey. Therefore my pants may have been borderline cutting off my circulation..lol. Oh well I guess I should just be happy that my pants are way loser and my jeans that I had no business wearing (they created an over hang only hidden by many layers) actually fit me now. But once again they are still the same size!!!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    When I was a size 14 & started losing, I had to lose 20 pounds before a 12 could fit. Now that I've lost more, the sizes go down faster. :drinker:
  • scostello24
    Options
    Oh Shannon023 that is so great to hear!!!! I am a size 14 and I only have 2 more pounds until my 20. Then they fall off faster...these next 2 pounds are going to have a run for their money..lol
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Oh Shannon023 that is so great to hear!!!! I am a size 14 and I only have 2 more pounds until my 20. Then they fall off faster...these next 2 pounds are going to have a run for their money..lol

lol - good luck!
  • jcummings69
    jcummings69 Posts: 183
    Options
    I think it also takes some time for you body to readjust itself to your new weight.
  • mommyskis
    mommyskis Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    It seemed like I had to lose 15 to go from a tight 12 to a nice 10, then only 5 more for a size 8. And it seemed like the 10 to 8 was overnight. One day my pants just felt really loose and I thought I would just try an 8 at the mall for kicks. Then I had to try on several brands just to make sure! I think every body is different.
  • Xtracrispy69
    Options
    also with more thought...if you do crunches or weights you'll actually appear or have your clothes fit the same or bigger...had that with my abs for quite a while