My 20 lb loss before and after pics (warning:underwear)

Options
Hi guys I started my journey about 3 months ago doing the south beach diet. It started off quickly (10 lbs the first two weeks) but has been a slow but steady journey since then averaging about 1 lb a week. I also have been going to the gym 1-3x a week so not much. Most of my loss has been from the diet alone which has turned into more of a lifestyle for me. I know this is not as dramatic as some people but I am very proud of myself and thought id share. I am 24 years old 5'1 mother of a 2 year old. Sorry I look like crap in most of these I take them right when I wake up. hope these show up this is my first time posting pictures. starting weight 137 current weight 117. My first weight goal is 115 but I think im gonna go for 105.
Sorry the pics are small and the second one is sideways IDK why but you get the idea.
17724493_9881.jpg
17724493_9927.jpg
17724493_5025.jpg
17724493_2650.jpg
17724493_459.jpg
17724493_2314.jpg

Replies

• WaimanaloMan
    WaimanaloMan Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Aloha Amy!

It looks like your images were posted from your email account? I'm not a huge tech expert but maybe they need to be linked from something like photobucket or flickr. 10lbs in the first two weeks is pretty good, it's an extra challenge when the weight loss slows a little, but you're still progressing so way to go! Our personal goals are just that, personal, if your 20lb loss is a milestone for you then don't let anyone take that away from you! I'm only averaging 2lbs a week at the moment so I'm like a snail :O
  • AmyMcDonald808
    Options
    thank you waimanalo man! you were right
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    wow great results! how have you found that diet? hard? i tired it once and didn't make it past the 1st week..too restrictive for me. I myself and 5ft 2 inches and i have struggled to loose the 10 lbs i have lost, it's taken 6 months. i still have 5-7 more to go and it's not going easy :(
  • cjwalker81
    cjwalker81 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! Your dedication is paying off!
  • AmyMcDonald808
    Options
    I really love the diet. The first two weeks were very hard but now its just a lifestyle. For me eating more veggies than anything else and limiting my carbs to only whole grains has worked. I love it because it still allows me to have sweets and sweets are my weakness. The carbs werent as hard for me to give up. Give it another try!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Good job and what a difference! You look 10 years younger now.
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Nice work!
  • svioleta
    svioleta Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Nice job! There's definitely a difference.
  • Cmonnowguys
    Cmonnowguys Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look like a different person. You look great!!
  • hollymurphy4
    hollymurphy4 Posts: 122
    Options
    Congratulations! 20 lb loss is my goal also. You can def. see a change in your pictures.
  • neares49
    neares49 Posts: 12
    Options
    Good job keep up the good work.
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Totally shows in your face (and the rest of you, too, but really in the face). You are looking great!!
  • Raemama
    Raemama Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    You should be very proud - the difference is dramatic! Good work.
  • jadamuriel76
    jadamuriel76 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • Shandril
    Shandril Posts: 36
    Options
    This is so inspiring to me!
  • mazzbrown
    mazzbrown Posts: 4
    Options
    You look fab!! congratulations. I'm similer shape to you at the moment and you can see what I used to look like in my picture when I was 31. I'm looking forward to losing 20 pounds. I think I'll do the same as you with the pictures its very inspirational. At 31 I think I was about 125 pounds but as I'm 47 now I need to get to about 133 pounds so I don't looked aged.

Well done you!

Mazz
  • brelse24
    brelse24 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!!
  • fenwaysgirl
    fenwaysgirl Posts: 22
    Options
    Keep up the GREAT work..Congrats! The last bit is always the hardest.

..I just started yesterday, again...no more excuses for me..."excuses do not get results"..Im blasting away at my 35lbs weight goal by weighing and recording everything that goes into my mouth..following the regular food pyramid..dont wanna deprive my body of what it needs..so im just gonna burn more calories than i take in...im doing that with martial arts (im a previous instructor and 2nd degree black belt), Tae Bo, Biking, riding our horses, walking...whatever to keep me moving everyday...anything is better than nothing..I hope to be able to have the guts to [post pics too soon...

You look great...hope to see more results from ya....
  • SecondChance2012
    Options
    Wow! Great job. You efforts have paid off and it really shows. Keep it up. You inspire me.
  • AmyMcDonald808
    Options
    Wow I can't believe all of your posts. Thank you for all of your kind words, you made my day!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!