Love Handles, Muffin top, Jiggles and wiggles

Options
How do you get rid of those... I do a lot of cardio and Strength Training but i feel like im not seeing a difference in my stomach. I was wondering what are the best workouts for these problem area's ?

Replies

• lynnie_1
    lynnie_1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Have you tried doing crunches or pilates for a muffin top and love handles?
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I do tons of crunches... Im not sure really how many or how long your suppose to do them for to see a change ...
  • alicnc
    Options
    I would definitely second the Pilates.

I would also integrate the basic Plank into any ab routine. No equipment needed and it definitely strengthens, works and tones.
  • casamelsmom
    Options
    I have the same problem. I do a class that focuses on core strengthening. I would also add doing the South Beach Diet. Cut carbs. Add protiens and fiber.
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    Yup i already do the plank i try to hold it for a good minute but omg my arms start shaking like crazy!!!! i try to do everything but im not really sure how long am i suppose to be doing these for I do 30 minutes cardio each morning and then towards the evenings i do strength training for about 30 minutes
  • Melissa_123
    Options
    Not what you want to hear I know......

I clicked a link that said "Get rid of that muffin top forever!"

when I did it said, buy bigger pants:sad:
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    I hate websites like that!!! They are so mean!!!! :grumble:
  • repete11
    Options
    I agree with the Pilates, remember too, your stomach will be the last thing to go. Running also is a great way to get rid of that muffin top!
  • lizbeth787
    lizbeth787 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Keep with the cardio and strength - the love handles and muffin top are the hardest to lose. It honestly took me 3 years to get a flat belly and I still have a little to lose on those handles.
  • angiered
    angiered Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I have a good one to tone up that area, but remember that you can't spot reduce, so your milage may vary depending on your build. :smile:

Sit on the floor, feet together, knees bent. Hold a medicine ball (I use 10lbs) against your chest with both hands (above the bust, on top of your cleavage area). Lean your body back about 45 degrees, raise your knees, and lift your feet from the floor. Stay in this position with your ankles crossed.

Without lowering your body OR your knees, slowly rotate your upper body as far as you can turn to the right. Now return to the center and rotate to the left. It's important that you rotate and not lean. Think of this as pivoting around your spine. You should feel it in your sides, down low...but not at the hip. If you're feeling it right at your hips, you need to lean back more.