Green Tea?

Options
Just wonder if anyone has drank green tea as part of their weigh loss plan? If so did it help you with your weight loss, or over all health?

Replies

• misstash123
    misstash123 Posts: 55
    Options
    I drink green tea every day, I started drinking it because it was good for me but then started to like the taste. I cant say it has made any difference to my weight loss but I think for others they may find if they drink green tea, their not drinking what they would have been originally e.g. sugar drinks/juice. Not much help sorry but someone should come along with a better anser :smile:
  • Kris1997
    Kris1997 Posts: 241
    Options
    I guess no one is drinking green tea???? LOL
  • pkiesch
    pkiesch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I drink 2-3 cups of green tea a day; I love the Lipton Cranberry Pomegranate green tea with lemon juice and a bit of honey. Don't know that it's aided my weight loss but my mom said my skin is glowing!
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I dont think it will aid you in weight loss unless you're replacing drinks with calories with no-calorie drinks like tea or water.

Drinking lots of water will keep bloat and water weight down and make you healthier in general. So just do it.
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Drinking some right now. I drink it because I like it, but it's not a part of a "plan" or anything.
  • Amyoct
    Amyoct Posts: 11
    Options
    I try to drink a glass of hot green tea every day. Specially during TOM as it does help me with bloatedness and any gains.
  • FitBunnyEm
    FitBunnyEm Posts: 320
    Options
    yep, it makes my skin nice and also stops me drinking too much coffee..i drink the de-caff green tea............also peppermint and camomile...nice
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I have replaced most of my coffee with green tea. I sleep better and don't have heartburn as often. Other than that - I don't think it does anything to make me lose weight other than when I am drinking this, I am not drinking something high-calorie.
  • richx83
    richx83 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I drink around 6 - 8 cups per day, mostly because I get fed up of just water all the time
  • hpsaucette
    hpsaucette Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm drinking green tea right now. But only for the taste and it keeps me off the milky stuff. I've heard people say it helps with weight loss and seen green tea supplement pills, but am very dubious as to how much it helps. If was you i'd try some to see if you liked it and then just drank it instead of something worse for you, can't hurt!
  • Sean_The_IT_Guy
    Options
    Even if you're not replacing high calorie with green tea, it still can / will help you with weight loss. Green tea is a proven appetite suppressant, so it can help reduce those between meal cravings.
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I drink a glass everyday but because I like it and its healthy!
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I love Green Tea....it is a taste that you have to get used to....but there are soooo many flavors you can try. I try to drink it at least 3 times a day......instead of coffee, I drink hot tea in the mornings with honey or agave necter and peppermint. Not sure about the weight loss aid, but it's so much better than all the other sugary drinks out there!! =]
  • LooneyBruni
    LooneyBruni Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I put a bag of green tea in 1-2 liters of water and it has helped me lose weight, so i do recommend it. I got used to it because before getting into MFP, I was going to a nutricionist and now it has become an habit.
  • Rashyda
    Rashyda Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have replaced most of my coffee with green tea. I sleep better and don't have heartburn as often. Other than that - I don't think it does anything to make me lose weight other than when I am drinking this, I am not drinking something high-calorie.

I drink my green tea with lemon first thing in the morning. someone actually suggested that its a appetizer suppressant . i dont know much about that but as my friend above said makes me drink less of all the caffeine drinks like coffee and black tea.
    i also add one cup before going to bed.
  • Nbentz214
    Nbentz214 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Ive noticed on MFP is that green tea is one of those things you either LOVE or HATE. Those of us who drink green tea, drink it because we love the taste and enjoy it...not because it helps with weight loss. I love coffee and espresso with milk so it does help that I can drink green tea plain, no cals like the other stuff. For ME, upping my green tea intake helped me cut calories only because I drink it to replace the calorie filled drinks. (Also helps that I use non fat milk and sugar free for my favorite Starbucks beverages)
  • jammasterduggs
    Options
    i loooooooooove green tea ... go buy a decent one for better taste .. the raise or in your metabolic rate in hardly anything to shout about - but every little helps ..
  • Theresa_Potter
    Options
    In the past I have drinken it as part of my weight loss plan. I did TONS of research and it can act as an appetite suppressant among other things. I believe that combined with diet and exercise it did help me.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    You would need to drink 15-20 cups a day in order for it to have any sort of impact on weight loss.

I don't drink it as often as I should. It's very good for you as far as the antioxidants.
  • Mawra
    Mawra Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I was an avid green tea fan till June last year. Then I switched to coffee and regular tea. Here's what I noticed while being on green tea and switching
    Green tea fills up for those who are caffeine addicts ( I drink close to 8 cups per day)
    It DOES detoxify, noticed a lot of changes in breakouts.
    Times when I reached a plateau, i'd up my intake of green tea and saw the scale move.

These conclusions are all draw from personal experiences.