getting discouraged!

Options
Trying to stay on track but sometimes I fall off the wagon ! any advice

Replies

• ZyheeMoongazer
    ZyheeMoongazer Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    This question may be better suited for the Motivation section. You have posted in the Website Suggestions section meant for provided suggestions for improvements to the website and apps. Also when you do post in the correct section, more details on why you "fall off the wagon" would be very helpful for providing advice that may actually help your situation.
  • wotan
    wotan Posts: 9
    Options
    I just came from my physician after about 6 weeks. He told me that it is okay to "sin" on occasion. He also asked that I do not eat the same foods all the time. Variety is the spice of life! Treat yourself, but in small portions. Have something different. Go and exercise to burn some calories and then reward yourself with a thoughtful and balanced meal.

I manage to drink 2 glasses of wine every day, eat meat and other fun foods. Yes, I have cut a few foods down to near nothing including pasta, chocolate, sweet drinks, cheese, butter. Yes, I have increased other foods like, olive oil, fish, raw vegetables, salads (just with a little EVOO and lemon juice or vinegar), fortified low calorie cereals.

Also keep in mind that it gets harder as you come down in weight. The first x-pounds/kilos are easy, they just melt away. Then it slows down and gets more difficult. But you can do it!
  • Goatgodess
    Goatgodess Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I will snack on wasabi peas, (hot) then go and do something, If I am in my office I will go and walk to another area. If I am at home I will go outside and play with the animals. Drink lots of water, MIO enhancer tastes good. If you fall off one day, get back on track the next. You can do this!
  • bdubois63
    bdubois63 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Have you ever walked across the room and tripped over nothing along the way......(the answer here is yes, we all have....), Well what would make 'THIS' EASIER than walking across the room? We all trip, we all FALL, we all get up again.....just get up again.....and carry on as usually until the next invisible thing crosses your path and trips you .....THEN GET UP AGAIN.....(do you see a pattern here :love: )
  • 75Juniper
    75Juniper Posts: 376
    Options
    We all have bad days. Every day is a fresh start and every small change you make will put you on the right path. Celebrate the positive changes you are making and don't give up. We are not failures if we keep going.
  • canahuate
    canahuate Posts: 4
    Options
    Very new to this, sorry I put it in the wrong place.
  • canahuate
    canahuate Posts: 4
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • Scott
    Scott Posts: 204 MFP Staff
    Options
    Moved to motivation support.
  • misalillstead
    misalillstead Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Yea, we all fall off the wagon.... like last night, I had cookies and toast for dinner. :P But today is a new day and we can start over!