Is there some kind of secret code?

Options
Ildiko17
Ildiko17 Posts: 30 Member
Good Morning,

I started on MFP in January and have been very happy with the results so far. I finally built up enough courage yesterday to start posting, but now I need to know is there some kind of secret code to get people to interact, friend request, etc? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
    Just keep posting. There are hundreds of threads being posted every hour, and tens of thousands of people using this site.

Join a challenge group or start your own.

• lsang
    lsang Posts: 22
    Options
    Read other posts and request to be their friend. There are tons of people on here who are great at being supportive and helpful! Go for it!!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Lingerie pics usually help.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • vb4evr
    vb4evr Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    So many posts are made that posts are pushed down the page way too quickly and it is missed.
    You will see people 'bumping' posts so often to bring them up to the top. I'd read the rules on that tough as not to sure on stance.

As Isang mentioned friends are a good method as well as your post comes across their news feed as well
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

^^^^ this.. I find that the more cleavage there is in your profile pic, the more interested I am in the topic. Actually the topic is irrelevant...as long as there is cleavage. Really its all about cleavage....
  • JessieArt
    JessieArt Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend!
  • omearaee
    omearaee Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am new to the site as well and I am just learning about how to use it. I don't even know how to make a friends request yet. lol :happy: I'm sure we will catch on soon.
  • TinaCleg_cancel
    Options
    You can add me, I am on every day. I love the support here !
  • candctaber
    candctaber Posts: 274
    Options
    I read others post and if they seem like they are supportive and willing to help me along the way, I add them as friends. I have met some AWESOME people here!!! I wish I had heard of MFP years ago! Good luck to you in reaching your weight loss goals!
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like. Good luck
  • Ildiko17
    Options
    QUOTE:

^^^^ this.. I find that the more cleavage there is in your profile pic, the more interested I am in the topic. Actually the topic is irrelevant...as long as there is cleavage. Really its all about cleavage....

LMAO for both of these! I will work on putting up some more pictures tonight when I get home from work....
  • Ildiko17
    Options
    Thank you everyone for responding! It's amazing how my spirits have lifted already :)
  • Cat_from_Chicago
    Cat_from_Chicago Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I like to friend ppl with similiar goals, age, etc. When it comes to posting, the only I advice I can give is post in topics you find relevant to you so you can find ppl with similiairties, which is why I'd never post on a vegetarian forum b/c I LOVE BACON :heart:
  • JessieArt
    JessieArt Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I am new to the site as well and I am just learning about how to use it. I don't even know how to make a friends request yet. lol :happy: I'm sure we will catch on soon.

All you have to do is click on the person's icon. Then, click on "add as friend". People usually like it when you add a note to the friend request. :glasses: