100+ lbs to lose???

Options
Anyone else out there got more than 100 lbs to lose??? :ohwell: I do, but unfrotunately, since I can't really do any exercising for another 2 weeks, (had a M/C at 16 wlks 4 days a couple of weeks ago), I'm finding it really hard to lose weight without exercising. Before I got pregnant, I was doing the eliptical, the treadmill, and the stationary bike (hadn't hit the weights just yet).

I am sooo ready to get out there and get back to working out so that I can lose weight before getting pregnant again... I want to atleast drop another 50 lbs before I get pregnant again... :smile: It'd be nice if I could lose more, but that puts me roughly at about 2 lbs per week, and for my weight, that is perfectly doable!!! :wink:

I'm planning on going back on to WW while doing this since that is what works for me... :-) What have you guys tried in the past? I think I've done it all... I did Atkins in 2005 - lost quite a bit of weight, but that's not a diet for a lifetime change.... I tried SouthBeach after Atkins, but didn't last very long on it... :indifferent: I did the cabbage soup diet.... boy did THAT ever give me a headache... there have been many other things I've tried!!! :ohwell: Oh well, WW has worked for me... :smile:

Replies

• chomper104
    Options
    Sorry about your loss. I am new to this site and I have 80 lbs to lose. In the begining it was close to 100 lbs. I don't know if I would waste my money on weight watchers just yet. Give this site an honest try. Friends have told me it is very close to weight watchers. Good luck on your journey.
  • SexymamaE
    Options
    Hey i had a 131bls to lose i lost 61lbs but i still got 70more to go and it takes time and those diets don't work what works is eating healthier and cardio and strengh training. And lots of support and motivation and determention. I owe it all to the love of my life u is my motivation and i'm glad we're together. so i'm here if u need me u'll get thought it good luck:smile::flowerforyou: oh p.s. buy something in a smaller size and keep trying it on till it fits and plan to where it some where like i did thats how i lost my 61lbs i had a tube top dress i wanted to surprize my new hubby in whe i went to see him in jamaica and in 5mons it fit and it was a couple of inchs to big so good luck
  • MsMargie1116
    MsMargie1116 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Oh, I don't consider WW a waite of $$$ I was doing it before I got preggers, and between 1/1 and 6/15 I lost over 50 lbs... Definately NOT a waste of $$$... I'll still stick with this sight, for the support... you can never have TOO MUCH support!!! :wink:
  • MsMargie1116
    Options
    Ooo GREAT idea!!! I DO have a couple of things that are a couple of sizes too small... I just might try that!!! :flowerforyou:
    Hey i had a 131bls to lose i lost 61lbs but i still got 70more to go and it takes time and those diets don't work what works is eating healthier and cardio and strengh training. And lots of support and motivation and determention. I owe it all to the love of my life u is my motivation and i'm glad we're together. so i'm here if u need me u'll get thought it good luck:smile::flowerforyou: oh p.s. buy something in a smaller size and keep trying it on till it fits and plan to where it some where like i did thats how i lost my 61lbs i had a tube top dress i wanted to surprize my new hubby in whe i went to see him in jamaica and in 5mons it fit and it was a couple of inchs to big so good luck
  • SexymamaE
    Options
    See there u go thats ur motivation right there look at it everyday and don't give up and it also helps when u have some one cheering u on and telling u there proud of u to keep it stuck in ur head when u wanna give up. thats why i love my hubby for loving me and motivating me ur get there i'll be cheering for u:flowerforyou:
  • BeahStar
    Options
    I unfortunately have about 100 lbs to lose. The thing that infuriates me is that I feel that I don't look that overweight so it's hard to wrap my head around the fact I'm almost 300 lbs. (Well, when I started I was 299) when I feel I don't look that heavy. And that's also the problem, even if I get down to "normal" weight, I'll look like a holocause survivor. I mean, I can't even do the relaxation pose in yoga because my calves are huge and, even without much weight training, have big muscles in my theighs (not to mention my theighs are also fat).
    And working out is hard because of my job. I drive school busses for a living, when I get off my morning route I am absolutely exhausted and when I finish my afternoon route I just want to go home and relax. What a pain. But seeing as I got married back in January, I want to have a baby, and I want to be down to what I was when me and my husband first moved in together which was 244. But before I die I want to be below 200. Wish me luck!
  • tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    Options
    I started out with 146 to lose... 78 left to lose... been at it for about 6 months now... and it is a lifestyle change that this website has taught me.

I dont think weight watchers is a waste of money, but I do think that you should give this website and all it has to offer a legitimate try first... it is free, and works much in the same way if you have the will power and dedication to use it... then, if you dont think it is enough join WW... just my 2 cents....

Good luck to you, and everyone else in this thread as well.... we can all do this together!
  • MsMargie1116
    Options
    Thanks Sexy Momma!!! :wink: Yep, I have a pretty great hubby, too... :smile: He's very supportive, too. :smile:
    See there u go thats ur motivation right there look at it everyday and don't give up and it also helps when u have some one cheering u on and telling u there proud of u to keep it stuck in ur head when u wanna give up. thats why i love my hubby for loving me and motivating me ur get there i'll be cheering for u:flowerforyou:
  • marci_r2010
    marci_r2010 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    145lbs to lose here. There are several folks on here who have lost over 100 lbs.. keep looking around! And, take it a few lbs at a time. I'm up to 21 lbs in about 10 weeks.. keeping at a 2lb per week rate. Nice and easy.

Please take good care of your body.. I'm so sorry for your loss. I can imagine wanting to focus on something other than that right now, but do take the time to heal, physically, emotionally...

best of luck!

Marci
  • maxnscrappers
    Options
    I've been on this site on and off for a while and I used it with WW's. I am now doing it with just the site for money reasons. I think you know enough having been there before and just try this. If you need keep track of your points in a journal. Save your money and try it here. I was at 100lbs when I started I still have a way's to go.

Danielle
  • MsMargie1116
    Options
    Oh, you can do it!!! I've got the same big calves and thighs, also... I've been told to do lots of cardio, and light weights to tone those muscles... at our weight, we should never do heavy weights... our calves & thighs would never go down... :noway: :wink:
    I unfortunately have about 100 lbs to lose. The thing that infuriates me is that I feel that I don't look that overweight so it's hard to wrap my head around the fact I'm almost 300 lbs. (Well, when I started I was 299) when I feel I don't look that heavy. And that's also the problem, even if I get down to "normal" weight, I'll look like a holocause survivor. I mean, I can't even do the relaxation pose in yoga because my calves are huge and, even without much weight training, have big muscles in my theighs (not to mention my theighs are also fat).
    And working out is hard because of my job. I drive school busses for a living, when I get off my morning route I am absolutely exhausted and when I finish my afternoon route I just want to go home and relax. What a pain. But seeing as I got married back in January, I want to have a baby, and I want to be down to what I was when me and my husband first moved in together which was 244. But before I die I want to be below 200. Wish me luck!
  • onmywaytoskinny155
    Options
    Good Luck. You can do it!
  • MsMargie1116
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion, Tayner... :smile: Honestly, I really need the meetings... my BFF does WW, too, she started WW with me at the beginning of the year. She's done amazingly well. :smile: Plus I LOVE my WW leader... So yea, I need the meetings, but come on here for extra support... :wink: combining the two, couldn't hurt, right? :flowerforyou:
    I started out with 146 to lose... 78 left to lose... been at it for about 6 months now... and it is a lifestyle change that this website has taught me.

I dont think weight watchers is a waste of money, but I do think that you should give this website and all it has to offer a legitimate try first... it is free, and works much in the same way if you have the will power and dedication to use it... then, if you dont think it is enough join WW... just my 2 cents....

Good luck to you, and everyone else in this thread as well.... we can all do this together!
  • SexymamaE
    Options
    :smile: see there ur well on ur way to losing ur 100lbs u'll do great:flowerforyou: i believe in u and ur welcome
  • MsMargie1116
    Options
    Thanks so much, Marci, I am on my way to healing... :smile: physically and emotionally... I have to give credit to my faith in Christ for the emotional healing... :wink: as well as the physical healing, too. :smile:
    145lbs to lose here. There are several folks on here who have lost over 100 lbs.. keep looking around! And, take it a few lbs at a time. I'm up to 21 lbs in about 10 weeks.. keeping at a 2lb per week rate. Nice and easy.

Please take good care of your body.. I'm so sorry for your loss. I can imagine wanting to focus on something other than that right now, but do take the time to heal, physically, emotionally...

best of luck!

Marci
  • MsMargie1116
    Options
    Thanks!!! :smile: WOW Look at you!!! 107lbs, huh??? Keep up the great work!!!
    Good Luck. You can do it!
  • MsMargie1116
    Options
    Thanks girl, you, too!!! :wink: :flowerforyou:
    :smile: see there ur well on ur way to losing ur 100lbs u'll do great:flowerforyou: i believe in u and ur welcome
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    i started this site at 225 back in August ... i am happy to say i have lost 17pounds bringing me to 208 ... with determination , eating healthy , working out and the support and motivation you get on here .... it will be no time before reaching your goal weight .... good luck to you and so sorry for your loss :flowerforyou:
  • twilight1542
    Options

My end goal is 105lbs lost...although that could change either way depending on how I feel the closer I get.

"And that's also the problem, even if I get down to "normal" weight, I'll look like a holocause survivor." Sounds like you have a similar mindset to me...until I decided to stop assuming and just see how things go. How do you know what you will look like at a "healthy weight" if you've never seen your body at a healthy weight, which I'm assuming you haven't since your post makes it sound as though you've always been overweight? Personally, 130--my goal weight--seems really small to me, but I keep reminding myself that I can't say what I will look like at 130 since I've never been there before. So perhaps you should consider changing your mindset as well....After all, that is something that you could easily use to justify giving up on weight loss long before your goal weight......

"And working out is hard because of my job. I drive school busses for a living, when I get off my morning route I am absolutely exhausted and when I finish my afternoon route I just want to go home and relax. " Read my profile and you'll understand why I had to comment on this. I also used my job as an excuse for a long time....so long in fact that I ended up with an extra 50+lbs to lose. Despite my job I have made time for 30mins-2 hrs of cardio almost every day for the last 4 months and have the weight loss to prove it. If you really want to change your lifestyle..If you really want to have a healthy pregnancy...If your really want to have the energy to be able to play with your future kids...If you really want to have good health and be around to see your kids graduate, get married, and watch your grandchildren grow up....Then you'll find a way to eat healthier and exercise. Excuses like these are our minds way of justifying our actions and oftentimes do not reflect reality. BTW---I have way more energy and sleep better now that I have made time for exercise that I ever did before. So you may find that you are less tired in general if you find the time for exercise.

I'm sorry if I come off as preachy, but what you said really hit home for me and if I can do this, then so can you : )
  • lovelyvirgomiss
    Options
    :smile: Hello! I just joined this site today. I too, have over 100 pounds to lose. I have a gym membership, and will begin going back to the gym this week. Sometimes, it just gets hard to stay focused, but with the right amount of support and motivation, we can do this :~). I've heard some good things about this site, and I hope it's all true. I need all the help I can get in trying to get this weight off of me :laugh: . Good luck with your weightloss!:smile: