Excersise Calories

Options
Sooo I know this has probably been asked like a million times, but i'm gonna ask again anyway! So to lose weight it says I need to eat 1200 calories, well when I log my excercise it says that I earned extra calories. I"m thinking that I should still stay under 1200, but it's saying to eat more. What should I do?

Replies

• jandv1991
    jandv1991 Posts: 19
    Options
    Is that 1200 calories the Net calories or total calories? I would say to start off with if you are exercising and only eating 1200 calories that you probably are not eating enough calories. Going below 1200 calories is not healthy as your body needs calories to function on a daily basis. If that 1200 calories is your total calories eaten and say you exericse and burn 300 calories a day then you are only actually getting 900 calories - not enough; you will not lose weight with that. Try upping your total calorie intake to say 1500 (or what ever is healthy for your height, weight, activity level) and try that. Sometimes you have to experiement to see what works for you.
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Eat your exercise calories back. This site tends to overestimate calories burned so I usually only eat about 2/3s of them back. If you have a HRM you can eat more back.

You should be netting at least 1200 as that is still a relatively low calorie intake.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Yep, it's been asked more than a million times. If you use the Search function or just browse through the General Weight Loss postings you'll find more than a million replies.