Struggling

Options
I'm having trouble staying motivated since school started back up a month ago. I have so much less time between class, homework, an internship and part time job. I've lost 15 pounds so far and only have 8 more to go and you'd think this would be motivation enough but this is a difficult challenge. Any helpful hints or advice?

Erin

Replies

• 15electric
    Options
    hey how you doing hope your well
    You can do thissssss I belive if someone puts their mind to it they can do it just think positevely
    put up pictures of how you were BEFORE and then take picture every 2 weeks or so this will make you interested to see how you become. when ever you think you feel like junk food or something just think and say "do i need this?" "NO!" then put it back and you're one step closer!
  • SexymamaE
    Options
    Stay positvie and keep going don't stop:wink:
  • cheshirekat
    cheshirekat Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Look at it more like a lifestyle change than a diet, and focus on creating healthy habits, that way you won't even have to think about it really, it will just happen. Think about how much better you feel when you eat right and stay active, and use that as motivation to stick with it, for the next eight pounds and beyond. If you are having trouble fitting in exercise, you can wake up a little earlier and squeeze in a mini workout like a 15 or 20 minute jog followed by a healthy balanced breakfast and that way, you have already started your day off on the right foot and are more likely to continue. You can also break up exercise into several 10-15 minute spurts of activity. You deserve to be happy and healthy, so take the time to treat yourself right. And if you want to indulge in a little treat after a long day, I would say go ahead, just do it in moderation and savor every second. If you don't deprive yourself, you are more likely to make this a permanent way of life. Also nice ways to unwind: a nice long bubble bath or hot shower or curling up in bed with tons of comfy pillows and your favorite book or magazine.
  • dangerkitty2001
    Options
    I'm in the same boat!! It seems so much harder to stay on track when you are in school. For me, I make sure I have 100-calorie snack packets in my school bag and that on my breaks between classes, I go outside and walk around the school building. And the temptation to stress eat is terrible! But I figure I just have to stick with it and stay focused. It's probably not terribly motivating to you, but at least you can know you are not alone! :smile:
  • lady_of_steele
    lady_of_steele Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hey! First, congrats on the busy school life! I lost 20 pounds my senior year in college, and here's how I did it:

*Walk wherever you need to go (obviously, this is time-permitting). Campuses are the most walker-friendly environments.
    *Change your drinking habits. Not talking about drinking lots of water... that's a given. I'm talking about alcohol. Switch to less calorie-intensive cocktails. I.E. do Jack & Diet Coke, instead of regular. My personal fav is Diet Coke & Vanilla vodka.
    *If you must have caffeine (coffee or soda), take the sugar out! Use sweetener or drink diet sodas.
    *Someone suggested taking more pictures. College is the most opportune time for it, and the more you see yourself in pictures, the more perspective you'll have on where you are and where your goal is.
    *do NOT go to Hardees at 2 a.m. on a late study night. Haha, might seem obvious, but especially if you're with a group, the late-night thought is fast food. Avoid it like the plague.

Best of luck! Now I've got to do everything I just told you to reach MY goals, because I gained that weight back. LOL... sometimes we never learn. But this will be the last time.