Somewhat new to MFP - Looking to meet other MFP peeps

Options
I joined MFP earlier this year with the goal to be bikini ready by this summer. I am 36, I have 3 boys and I currently live in Central Wisconsin. I initially wanted to lose 30 lbs because I have this magic number in my head -- the weight I was prior to having kids. I realize now that I am already considered a healthy weight and if I lose 30 lbs it would throw me in the underweight category.

Still, after having 3 kids, I am ready to reclaim my body and tone up those saggy areas. I would like to lose between 10-20 lbs. I love food. I love cooking. Dessert is a must. I have tried low carb, and it worked, but I love carbs too much to completely cut them out, so now I am just learning how to balance my portions so I can enjoy a bit of everything without feeling like I am not allowed to eat certain foods. I feel this is the best way to succeed.

I am new to exercising. Well, I have exercised before but nothing consistant. I am trying to move at least a half hour per day and incorporate at least 3 days a week with a good 1-2 hour work out. I tried running...once. Hurt my ankle pretty bad. Feel kind of lame for that. Some people aren't cut out to run, and I think I may be one of those people. Still, I bought a nice pair of running shoes and I am currently on the lookout for a soft dirt track. I hope to try again!

In the meantime, I'd love to meet others with the same goals in mind, near and far. I love encouraging others and it's nice to have people rooting for your success. I really hope to push myself beyond my goals and I can't wait to finally go bikini shopping. Hoping to by the end of this summer *fingers crossed*

Replies

• SaketoKim
    SaketoKim Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    feel free to add
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    welcome!! you sound like a smart gal :) if you read my profile and think we'd "fit" FR me. i hate to throw myself upon others :) GOOD LUCK!!!!
  • wannaslim
    wannaslim Posts: 31
    Options
    I'm here.... feel free to add me too! :)
  • sabrina32576
    sabrina32576 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me anyone. I'm logged in everyday (on for 110 days so far)
  • nmmoore1979
    nmmoore1979 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I'm 33 and have 3 kids too. I want to lose about 30 pounds. :)
  • Ildiko17
    Ildiko17 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. When I started, I had a magic weight in mind of my weight 10 years ago (before I got married and had my daughter). Now that I've been losing weight, I know I will have to reevaulate my goal, because it might be too low.

I am also not a big fan of exercise, slowly getting into it. What I've been doing is making myself take my two 15 minute breaks and walking while at work. After a couple of weeks of that, I added climbing stairs in between laps.
  • leah_baxter86
    Options
    Hey! Welcome to MFP :-)

You sound like you have a great attitude and I'm sure you'll do well. I'm currently in the 'healthy weight' category too and so I'm just here to get fit and keep motivated. Best of luck with you're goals, you can do it!
  • Jackie_XOXOXO
    Jackie_XOXOXO Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Im fairly new as well. officially marking my 1 week!!! Good luck!
  • Osanyin
    Osanyin Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    New friend coming your way!
  • PurpleGyrl13
    PurpleGyrl13 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add.
  • fenwaysgirl
    fenwaysgirl Posts: 22
    Options
    feel free to add me.. :) I am the same way.....All im doing is counting calories and burning more calories than I consume..I log EVERYTHING that I put in my mouth.....Im not depriving my body of anything...body needs carbs etc....just do a little research as to when is a good time of the day to have them, same for desserts...you have to have some kind of release or reward for your hard work, just dont make it an everyday thing...im doing my small reward once I hit certain milestones.

Stacy
  • mdmchoco
    mdmchoco Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am a 42 year old mom of 1 and have recently gained about 10 lbs. I am determined to get down to a healthier weight that I feel I can maintain so for now my goal is 140. I want to look better in my clothes and have been putting off shopping lately as I haven't liked trying anything on. So firming up and dropping some weight will really make me feel better. It llooks like we have a similar goals so I would love to help each other out!

I also have high cholesterol and need to get it down as my doc has mentioned trying drugs which I do not want to do. As a Mom, I want to be a good example too!

I also love good food and cooking/baking. I don't really believe in "going on a diet" as much as moderation and good choices. After only a few days, I am finding that this will work for me because I can still have what I would normally eat, but the act of logging it helps me with portion control and not going overboard.
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I love to exercise, but don't hold that against me. Feel free to add.
  • hollymurphy4
    hollymurphy4 Posts: 122
    Options
    Also new to MFP. I'm also 36 years old. I have 4 children. I've had 4 c-sections so my tummy looks horrible. Lots of work to do. First goal is to lose about 15 lbs. Feel free to add me as a friend.