Time to step it up!

Options
I have been on MFP now for approximately 402 days. I dropped 75 pounds in 8 months but the last couple of months put 12 back on. Some of it is muscle but the rest isn't. I am looking for the hard core fitness freaks who don't make excuses and are only here to get it done. I am going to cut down to 160 by the end of July. Would love to add some new fitness friends that have the same attitude. I am 51 and I don't make excuses because of it. I am here to bring it! Any age!

Replies

• iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    But you always bring it Honey Badger. Your results show for itself. Don't beat yourself up over the numbers because I would have already quit if I did. I just accept the compliments and the team moms on the football team who keep hitting on me...OK, most of them are team Grandmoms, but I don't discriminate on age...lol.
  • cbbn11
    cbbn11 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have been on MFP now for approximately 402 days. I dropped 75 pounds in 8 months but the last couple of months put 12 back on. Some of it is muscle but the rest isn't. I am looking for the hard core fitness freaks who don't make excuses and are only here to get it done. I am going to cut down to 160 by the end of July. Would love to add some new fitness friends that have the same attitude. I am 51 and I don't make excuses because of it. I am here to bring it! Any age!

I agree, altho I am only 42 I too am trying to bring it Hard Core. My First goal was to just become healthier. Now I want not only to be healthier but I also want some muscles.
    I want to be able to take off my shirt and have people say wow look at his muscles.
    I know I have a way to go and still need to lose about 80lbs of fat but I feel confident that by the time I lose the 80lbs I will have some very nice definition as well.

Feel free to add me if you like.

Edit: I have lost 34lbs since Jan 1 2012 so I am on a good pace.
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I'm starting to run and step it up with more cardio. signing up for races and some insane summer burns. already getting some looks at the gym, had one dude give up and asked how I can run as ling as I can being as big as I am. I told him I'm only on week 4 of couch to 5k and that me at 320 is like most peoples 250, some people are just built thicker, but it's time to shift the thickness and unleash the animal.
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I'm a fitness freak :) but we're already friends! You are pure inspiration!!!
  • cbbn11
    cbbn11 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    unleash the animal.

I like that. I might change my motto to Unleash the Animal.
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I need to unleash my animal. I've been keeping her tamed.
  • kimmers1027
    kimmers1027 Posts: 122
    Options
    Im stepping it up too !!! Pure cardio !!