Yo Yo Dieter, I just don't know how to eat

Options
So I kicked my own butt trying to count calories and I was sick of the scale going up and down, up and down.... so I jumped back on the low carb band wagon and of course I lost weight eating food that I love. I had just gotten into Onederland 198.8 and I allowed myself to enjoy a tasty sub with the hubby (PMSing comfort food) The scale jumped right up 7 lbs overnight (which I expected) but the next day I tried to go right back to low carb (18-20 g a day) and body went balistic.... I was so drained I felt like I wanted to die, I was having mood swings and I was completely obsessed with what i was eating when I could eat it peeing on Ketostix and hoping on the scale that I didn't seem to have time for anything else.

Low Carb dieting has worked for me in the past and I was sure it was what I needed to do since I just don't have time to work out.

But I can't low carb if it drains every bit of my life energy even for a few days... plus I really like my food.

Soooo since I am rambling/venting whatever I will get to the point. I just do not know how to eat normal, its all or nothing for me. I suck at eating breakfast I am always so rushed in the morning (I have 5 kids and a full time job) Dinner is just thrown together between baseball practices and games for those 5 kids, so on a normal day i find that I am just consuming a butt load of calories at night (throwing logs into a fire that is not burning as my husband says).

I want to make changes, i want to be healthy, I want to be fit, I just don't want to kill myself doing it. I am a carb addict and I have PCOS so i know that low carb does work for me, but will it work for the rest of my life - probably not.

Replies

• jparker12379
    jparker12379 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    PS.

A month of carb regulating followed by one week of normal eating and I am right back to the weight I started at ! It came back fast !
  • sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Tbh just ditch real low carbing especially if you plan to exercise

Stick to 40/30/30

Carbs / protein / fat %

You can't live normally on v low carbs x
  • jparker12379
    Options
    I had se my macro's to 30/40/30 I don't get much time to work out these days I think I may need to cut out some of my sleep time to get in the burn
  • dmitchell38358
    Options
    I have found watching calories and uping fiber is easier but, it is easy to not count everything. You said your guys are in baseball is there a track near the field or can you walk the parking lot or around the field as they practice? our has a walking track beside it but I am unsure of your situation.. Also I have the same problem with breadkfast found the belvita crackers are easy to take and there are 4 in the pack so I put them on my desk and graze through the morning, it keeps me from snacking between then & lunch and gives me a boost. Then I eat a turkey wrap for lunch mainly veggies no mayo just a tad mustard and banana peppers to help taste. I have been forcing myself into some ME time ..my guys are my 2nd full time job but 3 days a week I take a mommy break and been doing zumba 3 days a week for me, I have found they survive an hour or 2 with out me :)... it is a long jorney and it will not come off as easy as it comes on, good luck and may your days get easier as you go.
  • jparker12379
    Options
    There is a 1 mile walking path that encircles the ball field, I may feel guilty not watching the game but I think tonight during a few innings I will try to talk myself out of that mommy guilt.

Healthy snacks for my desk is a great idea I am sure i can find comething to keep in my desk here at work so I am not waiting til the last few hours of the day to jam in all my calories.

Thanks for the tips