When to Eat?

Options
So this morning I was at the gym by 8 and that seemed to be perfect for me and my kids and my day so I'm going to try and stick to that on gym days. My question is, when should I eat my breakfast meal? i typically do egg whites (god i love eggs) and some sort of omelet but I dont like to eat that much before working out. Should I be eating some protein before working out? Thoughts suggestions? Thanks.

Replies

• navyw1fe
    navyw1fe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I try and eat at least 9g of protein after workout to help build up my muscles and fight soreness! they say to eat carbs before working out..dont know why but thats what i heard!
  • terrirz
    terrirz Posts: 53
    Options
    I also go to the gym around 8 and I dont eat untill I get back and I have been making protien shakes that I add various things (fruits,greek yogurt, oatmeal etc) to to fill me up. Then I have a snack around 10.
  • ashlog11
    ashlog11 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    That early I would eat something. Maybe and apple or banana would be good.
  • akrnrunner
    akrnrunner Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Thanks! All I had was coffee before and while I wasn't starving after I didn't eat until 10! If I had to run errands it would've been much later! I'll need to start keeping a power bar or something in my bag in case I need to run errands or something after :)