acai berry

Options
Hi All,

Thinking of starting the acai berry diet...anybody tried it and can help me out with some experiences???
Thanks.

Replies

• sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    What is that?
  • Jackie_XOXOXO
    Jackie_XOXOXO Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    bump interested to know what it is/
  • fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    nothing beats eating right. I would not rely on supplements
  • emmahaines1
    emmahaines1 Posts: 19
    Options
    I'm just about to start it but not sure how it works would be interested to see anyones experiences
  • phillieschic
    phillieschic Posts: 615
    Options
    Hmm...it's one of the ingredients in my shampoo and conditioner. I doubt that I'd ingest it though...the acai berry supplement, not my hair products, I mean. :laugh:

I'll just stick to healthy eating and running. Good luck to you though!
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Whenever someone posts "I want to try the (insert random food here) diet, anyone else have any experiences?" I want to scream. I'm sorry, I don't mean this personal, but the false promises of sustainable weight loss are really, really frustrating to see.

Does (insert random food here) provide adequate nutrition (fats, carbohydrates, proteins, etc) to sustain your body, or is it merely filling you up so you feel full while you starve your body out of weight? Because, if it's the latter, I assure you that as soon as you start eating normal foods again your starved, low-metabolism body will not burn it effectively and you'll gain the weight back.

Are you willing to stay on (insert random food here) diet forever? If not, what will you do after the (insert random food here) diet is complete? Will you go back to your old eating habits? Then, I assure you, you will go back to your old weight.

For the vast majority of people, losing weight quickly means they'll gain it back just as quickly, and spend lots of money to the purveyors of the diet in the process.

Eat SENSIBLE foods at a REASONABLE caloric deficit and the weight WILL come off, and since you've taken the time to learn about food during the process it will STAY OFF.
  • BeeSunny
    BeeSunny Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I have tried almost everything out there including the aci berry diet, with little to no results, and I agree that changing your eating habits and exercise is the key to losing weight. Supplements seemed to be a waist of money compared to eating healthy.
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I'm just about to start it but not sure how it works would be interested to see anyones experiences

If you're not sure how it works.. it's not really a good idea to do it.
    Eating well and balanced is the healthiest way to go. Adding extra berries to your diet won't hurt though :)
  • Dawn3218
    Dawn3218 Posts: 80
    Options
    I tried acai berry capsules a few years ago and they just gave me terrible stomach ache and gas - I stopped taking them after a few days!

I think these, along with most other 'diet supplements' are just a gimmick to get us to spend money in the hope of a 'miracle' way of losing weight fast.

Dont bother wasting your money :flowerforyou:
  • ybcochrane
    ybcochrane Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    thanks for your posts everyone....tried them for a week and did not make any difference....still stuck to my mfp calories and did nothing different to before....so sending them back!