Nice to meet you

Options
Hi, My name is Kari,I am lucky enough to work in a gym ,so I am excited to get fit and use the equipment and tone up !! I need to lose about 60lbs . my Dr. wants me to lose 25lbs like yesterday and I am doing my best but it isn't easy I walk everywhere because we don't have a car,I am working on getting my water in,lots of fruit and veggies portions and cravings !! I have gluten sensitivity so foods are limited anyway.
I have a wonderful husband ,who is very supportive,3 great kids and I want to be more fit and active this summer ,be a "fun" mom !! I absolutely love my job,looking after children 6 weeks to 12 years so parents can workout. It's also hard seeing so many amazingly fit people and walking by all the mirrors. I have to take it one step at a time,day by day. I will get there :wink:

Looking forward to meeting so great people on here to share my weight loss journey ...

:drinker: Kari

Replies

• hollymurphy4
    hollymurphy4 Posts: 122
    Options
    Hey Keri- I'm a 36 yr old wife and stay-at-home mom of 4 kids. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Beth_Gorman
    Beth_Gorman Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi Kari, Welcome to MFP. My name is Beth. Sounds like your making a great decision. I would like to wish you good luck on your journey. Feel free to add me if you need some support.
  • shilo5553
    shilo5553 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Kari and Holly
    Nice to join this group. Kari, how lucky that you work at a gym...no excuses for you I guess! Me? I have to get up about 5:30 am to get to a gym because if I don't I rarely have the time to go during the day, and forget evenings! I am so tired after work that I head straight home.

Anyway I started this fitness pal at 221 (I am 5'9", male). I figure I am about 30 pounds over. But now I fluctuate between 216 and 218.

I think it depends on when you weigh yourself during the day. So now I am trying to weigh fist thing in the mornign when I get up before going to the gym..I love that time because I always seem lighter. How do you ladies do it?
  • Rowberta
    Rowberta Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I just decided to log back on the MFP today after having it for a few months. After a stressful year I gained 20+lbs I am sooooo motivated to get back to a healthy status. I want to get my weight down and health better before I get pregnant. I hope this helps.. I already invited my best friend to join me!!! Nice meeting you all!