New Here - Looking for motivation

Options
Hello All,

My name is Michelle, I have 2 children, a son and a step daughter.. and a wonderful husband. My husband tries to be supportive, but.. he kinda sucks at it! After I go for a nice long walk, I'll come home, get in bed.. and he hands me a cookie as he's telling me how proud he is of me. Yeah.. he's one of those! But man do I love him.

I am currently up to 263 pounds and disgusted with myself. When I met him, I was 190 pounds, and a very healthy size 8 jeans.

When I tell myself that I need to lose 70-110 pounds, I get discouraged. so I've decided to just do 10 at a time..

My first goal is to get to 253...

I need some support and motivation! Any takers!

Replies

• bluegrasschica
    Options
    I'm Hannah and feel free to add me. It's always nice to have more people motivate you on your journey
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    review my profile and add me if you want
  • TracyTucci
    TracyTucci Posts: 35
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Love to support and need the support of others!!
    I get the same from my husband. not food wise, but i will get off the treadmill and he will be like..you could have carried a load of laundry upstairs that would have burnt the same amount of calories. I'm trying lol.
  • sabrina32576
    sabrina32576 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm logged on everyday!
  • Elizabeth0913
    Options
    I have one of those husbands, feel free to add me!! :smile:
  • Dmaxsgirl
    Dmaxsgirl Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!:happy:
  • steflbrown
    steflbrown Posts: 168
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! It's a great place for motivation and weight loss. Feel free to add me! Love to support others as they have supported me!
  • Beth_Gorman
    Beth_Gorman Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi Michelle my name is Beth. I also have 2 children a son and a daughter. My husband is the same way as yours. I'm 5-4 and my current weight is 187. I would love to be around 140. I would be more than happy to supply support and motivation.
  • whayamean
    whayamean Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Little goals are the way to go that's what really helps me! Feel free to add me.
  • Just10thistime
    Options
    HAHA You gotta love men! I don't even tell my husband that I'm counting calories, only because he's the type to "Here's a cookie, it's only 70 calories" ...

Thank you all! I'm at work, but I plan to spend some more time adding and chatting this evening after my evening walk!

The one great support person I do have is my best friend! She will talk to me for 1.5 hours while I walk at night. She is actually coming to work with me starting Monday, and we are going to alternate bringing lunch.. she wants to lose 40 pounds, so at least I'll have her..
    Feel free to add me. Love to support and need the support of others!!
    I get the same from my husband. not food wise, but i will get off the treadmill and he will be like..you could have carried a load of laundry upstairs that would have burnt the same amount of calories. I'm trying lol.
  • prunella1066
    prunella1066 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi Michelle,

Welcome to MFP!! My name is Marlene. You will definitely find a lot of support and motivation here!! I commend you for making a smaller goal of 10 pounds......it makes it seem less intimidating!! But you CAN do it!! We are HERE for you!! Please feel free to add me as well :flowerforyou:
  • sassydebbie67
    Options
    You can add me if you like... I Really do have one of those hubbys cause is a Chef..lol So yea he makes home made Chessecakes and he knows how much i love them... I was 180 lbs when we met in 2006 size 14 pants i stand 5'1 and out of the 5 years that we have been togther i went up to my hightest weight ever at 240... I have now lost 69 lbs but still have 41 lbs to get to my goal weight...
  • Mrs16
    Mrs16 Posts: 86
    Options
    Welcome to MFP - I'm on here everyday - feel free to add me and I'll help cheer you on. Good luck on your journey!

Cheryl