Getting bored.....

Options
I've been having trouble staying on track lately cause I'm bored with the same foods! I have cereal, salads, sandwiches, soups, and eggs. I have all of the, in the span of 2 days.

Any recipe ideas or tips?

I need quick meals that are cheap. Like, cheap cheap.

Replies

• butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    No one? Lol
  • sjmitchner
    sjmitchner Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Here are a few ideas, I don't know how you feel about these foods of course, so I'm guessing. However if any of these sound good I can send you recipes.

Tabbouleh (mixture of couscous and veggies)
    Bean Salad
    Meat Turnovers
    Hummus and flatbread
    Stuffed Cucumber
    Stuffed Bell Peppers
    Stuffed Eggplant
    Spinach Pie
    Vegetarian Chili
    Turkey and Bean Enchiladas
  • AshRyd
    AshRyd Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    i just started eating hummus and with a little (actually a lot) of red pepper it has made my raw carrots easier to eat with a little dip!
  • AshRyd
    AshRyd Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    also when i start getting bored with my foods I find it easier to change up my seasoning on the food than the actual food -- me and spice section at the grocery store are starting to get a long pretty good (just gotta watch the salt content and drink lots of water) -- when the family gets together they never know what flavor they are gonna get from my food :laugh:
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken (you can do so much with chicken)
    Ground turkey
    Tuna
    Spaghetti squash
    Sushi (stay away from tempora)
    Portabella mushrooms
    Nuts
    Greek yogurt

Hope this helps!
  • butterflylover527
    Options
    when the family gets together they never know what flavor they are gonna get from my food :laugh:

LOVE!!!

What is hummus? I hear so much about it but I have no clue what it is lol!!
  • julieellam
    julieellam Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I was in the same boat last week so did a random 5 shop where I went to the supermarket with my usual list but pick up 5 items I'd not eaten or cooked before. Dwarf beans and duck breast were the first two items and they guided the meal. Chinese glazed duck with stir fried mushroom and dwarf bean noodles. The meal was less than 550kcals and it was really fun to try out something different. It also gave me a little push to be a bit more adventurous with my other meals.

I'm going to try it again this weekend and see what else I can come up with.

(five items were 1. Duck breast 2. Dwarf beans 3. Brown rice Udon noodles 4. Oyster sauce 5. Chinese glaze. Added garlic, Chinese five spice, mushrooms and olive oil.)
  • butterflylover527
    Options
    I was in the same boat last week so did a random 5 shop where I went to the supermarket with my usual list but pick up 5 items I'd not eaten or cooked before. Dwarf beans and duck breast were the first two items and they guided the meal. Chinese glazed duck with stir fried mushroom and dwarf bean noodles. The meal was less than 550kcals and it was really fun to try out something different. It also gave me a little push to be a bit more adventurous with my other meals.

I'm going to try it again this weekend and see what else I can come up with.

(five items were 1. Duck breast 2. Dwarf beans 3. Brown rice Udon noodles 4. Oyster sauce 5. Chinese glaze. Added garlic, Chinese five spice, mushrooms and olive oil.)

What a cool idea!! I think I'll try that!!!
  • leslierae1804
    leslierae1804 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've always eaten the same foods that I used to eat, I just change the recipe a little. Instead of ground beef, I will use ground turkey or chicken. It does taste a little different, but with different seasoning you can adjust the taste however you want. Also, if I don't want to substitute the meat I use, I just make sure to eat more vegetable with it and eat a smaller portion. Just because you are "dieting" doesn't mean you have to smaller variety of foods, you just have to be smarter about your choices. Whatever you do, don't deprive yourself!! You will just end up craving the things you're not allowing yourself to eat & then when you finally do you will just go over board! Try new things and have fun with it!
  • sjmitchner
    sjmitchner Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    It is a paste made from chickpeas, spiced in a middle eastern way. I can send you my recipe if you want. You can also buy it at most grocery stores now.