Couch to 5K help!!

I started using my new Couch to 5K app today and I love it. I am going to keep with the program and hopefully call myself a runner one day.

One problem, how the heck do I log it? I don't know anything but that I alternate jogging and walking for a total of 30 minutes. I dont know how fast and I dont know how many calories I burned. Its not in the database so when I log it I log that I just jogged. I know Im a bit off when it adds to calories, fats etc. Anyone know any more about this program so I can log it fairly and stay on track? I dont want to give myself more credit then I should...I wish it was in the database!! Help!

Replies

• Starsighter78
    Starsighter78 Posts: 62 Member
    Someone else just asked the same question, and this was my response:

I would just add up the number of running sequences, enter that separately, and then add up the number of walking sequences. OR if you have a HRM, you can enter the total number of calories burned without breaking it down. Good luck with C25k, it's awesome! :)
  • jessi3385
    jessi3385 Posts: 9
    Thanks! I will definitely try doing that. I used to use a pedometer and I swear it was off...it also logged things in km's which I hate lol. I heard about this app from some friends and thought Id give it a try and it was surprisingly easy so Im keeping at it!
  • Kbeatty32
    Kbeatty32 Posts: 15 Member
    I do exactly what PP said. I count how many times I run and how many minutes then log that and then do the same thing with walking.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    When I was doing the couch to 5k, I'd use my total distance. And log in MFP by speed and time.

So, if in the 30 minutes you went 2.25 miles, then that's 4.5 mph. I would log 30 minutes at 4.5 mph. (It's in MFP and it's pretty accurate)

If in the 30 minutes I went 3 miles, then I would log 30 minutes at 6 mph

ETA: The reason why is that once you start getting competitive, you will need to log miles and times to get paces and speeds. It sucks to lose out on the distance / paces of those 9 weeks of training.