Sugar?

Options
Hi, I am new to this. In my 4th week. Down 8 lbs. Im wondering about the summary. Every day I go over my sugar recommendation, but only because I am eating fruit. How come the daily requirement is so low? I feel like I am doing something wrong, even though, clearly, I am seeing results.

All this calorie stuff confuses me, in the sense, I only use it as a guideline, calories in, calories out kinds deal.

Anyone at this for a while, with passed sugar numbers and losing progress? I would have thought my clean eating, ( sugar only from fruits) would be a plus.....

Replies

• treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Unless you're diabetic or have some other metabolic disorder, don't sweat the sugar from whole fruit or milk.
  • cpettigrew
    cpettigrew Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    If you are losing like that, don't worry about it. If you hit a plateau, and can't break it within 2 weeks, start tracking your sugars. You are doing it right using everything as a guideline. Don't stress yourself for no reason.
  • simatif
    simatif Posts: 32
    Options
    Thanks :) sometimes the smallest of feedback can help a lot :)
  • htjoslin
    htjoslin Posts: 1
    Options
    Being sure that the fruit has fiber is a good thing to watch. It slows the glucose down. Banana vs an apple. The apple has a lot of fiber, banana- not so much!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I don't track at all. I have a mental goal to only have added sugar 2-3 times a week (but actually I have it 5 times a week). But I pay no attention at all. Unless I am thinking that I had pastries or candy more than 2-3 days during the week.

Other than my know treats, and the occasional bit of sugar from condiments (I don't use too many) I don't really eat much actually sugar. I don't use it in my coffee most of the time. I use stevia for tea. I only have ketchup with french fries (which of course I try to limit) and I don't use bottled dressings very often.

Sometimes I'l make a marinade and add honey or agave, but this isn't too frequent.

Things are going good so far.