Does anyone else have this problem?

Options
So, I lose weight like 1-2 pounds each week, which is good, but it happens as long as I'm working out 3-4 times a week. Stuff happens sometimes and I just don't get to workout as much (I'm either sick,got too much schoolwork, exams, etc..) and I just don't lose weight. I eat the same, 1200-1400 calories, and sometimes I even ended up gaining back the pounds. It's really annoying to gain back just because life happened and you couldn't work out. Is anyone else like this?

Replies

• grandmeem
    grandmeem Posts: 28
    Options
    Sure do! Happens to me every weekend.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I lose regardless of whether I work out or not, as long as I stay within my calorie limit.
  • MOTH477
    MOTH477 Posts: 17
    Options

+1 weekends suck.
  • Yasmineh_
    Yasmineh_ Posts: 43
    Options
    I lose regardless of whether I work out or not, as long as I stay within my calorie limit.
    I wouldn't complain if I knew that I went over the calorie limit and gained, but I don't. :x
  • sonniedee
    sonniedee Posts: 26
    Options
    Are you eating back your workout calories when you do work out? Your body may be hoarding calories in the weeks you don't work out if you are under 1200 net calories per day when you are working out. It's just a thought. However, it may also be that if you are sick or stressed, your body may be hoarding calories in order to survive the crisis. I know it may sound a little strange, but meditation may be something to consider if these things are getting in the way of your goals.
  • Yasmineh_
    Options

+1 weekends suck.
    I know,right?
  • Yasmineh_
    Options
    Are you eating back your workout calories when you do work out? Your body may be hoarding calories in the weeks you don't work out if you are under 1200 net calories per day when you are working out. It's just a thought. However, it may also be that if you are sick or stressed, your body may be hoarding calories in order to survive the crisis. I know it may sound a little strange, but meditation may be something to consider if these things are getting in the way of your goals.
    I definitely eat more when I work out, but then again, still under the calorie limit. That could be something I guess..being stressed. I'll try doing that,maybe it'll help :) since I have finals coming up.
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't complain if I knew that I went over the calorie limit and gained, but I don't. :x

The more weight a person has to lose, the more likely they are to lose just from a simple calorie defect alone.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options

The more weight a person has to lose, the more likely they are to lose just from a simple calorie defect alone.

This. I have 113 pounds left to lose.