Need ideas for meals! Help!!

Options
cait0902
cait0902 Posts: 127 Member
I need some ideas for healthy meals- breakfast, lunch, and dinner.....snacks too if you have any!

And, what is better, small (200 calorie) meals throughout the day, or larger breakfast and then smaller lunch and dinner??

I want to lose about 10-15 lbs in the next 7.5 weeks and then an additional 15-20 lbs after that.

As far as exercise, I do Jillian Michaels 30DS and walk for about 20-30 minutes every day.

Replies

• faylenechung
    faylenechung Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I love to eat a yogurt and banana for breakfast or just three eggs and veggies
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Here are my staples, you can adjust portions to your caloric restrictions

quinoa (super food, delicious and easy to prepare)
    chicken breasts
    eggs
    brocolli
    cream of wheat ( I can't handle the texture of oatmeal )
    bananas
    apples
    rice krispies ( this is my weakness at night after I'm at the gym rolling around or getting my face punched for 90 min)
    brown rice (par boiled is best to buy, bc it takes less time to cook IMO)
    sweet potatoes (baked)
    Myogenix Myolean MRP -or-
    Syntha-6

These are just the items I can buy every week, and know that I'll consume them without question. ---- Also, as a guy, I prefer smaller meals throughout the day, as opposed to 3 meals, but just my preference.
  • riadastfu
    riadastfu Posts: 69
    Options
    I need some ideas for healthy meals- breakfast, lunch, and dinner.....snacks too if you have any!

And, what is better, small (200 calorie) meals throughout the day, or larger breakfast and then smaller lunch and dinner??

Personal preference. If you like snacking, then do the small meals. If you prefer big meals, then do that. Personally, I like a mix of both because I tend to eat when I'm bored :embarassed: What I do is 2 biggish meals (250-300 cals) and the rest snacks.
  • amys07115
    amys07115 Posts: 10
    Options
    Okay, 5-6 small meals a day is best. You should be eating every 2-3 hours. I would need to know how many calories you need to consume in order to tell you what to eat throughout the day. The basics consist of this......every meal should have a complex card, lean protein, healthy fat, and fiborous vegetable. Without being calories specific here is what a typical day might look like:

Breakfast: 4 egg whites 1 whole egg -- scrambled cooked with veggies
    1/2 cup Oatmeal
    1 teaspoon of flaxseed oil

Mid Morning: Low fat yogurt
    fruit --like strawberries or blueberries

Lunch: 4oz of lean protein like tuna, turkey, chicken
    small salad with fat free/low sugar dressing
    4oz sweet potato

Snack: 24 whole natural almonds or 1 tbs natural peanut butter
    Apple

Dinner - 4-5 oz of lean protein
    sweet potato
    vegetable like green beans or broccoli

Late snack if needed ---cottage cheese (Stay away from late night carbs!)

This would vary depending on how many calories you needed to intake to lose weight
  • SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Here is my dinner plan for this week. And feel free to look at my diary to see my breakfast, snacks and lunches. (Note: I've been off the wagon for a week or two ... lol)

Sun: bacon-wrapped pork loin, grilled asparagus, rice

Mon: egg drop soup w/asparagus, pork potstickers, rice

Tues: Yucatan baked chicken, diablo corn

Wed: Smoked sausage, sauteed new potatoes, broccoli

Thurs: OUT

Fri: Greek pork, tabouli

Sat: OUT
  • AbbyHoopi
    AbbyHoopi Posts: 48
    Options
    go to eatingwell.com they have TONS of great helthy recipes!!

I eat oatmeal or a protein bar for breakfast, a small snack about 2 to 3 hours later, lunch (leftovers, a can of tuna, etc), then another snack about 2 to 3 hours later and then dinner. I try not to snack after dinner... thats the though part for me!!
  • bast2112
    bast2112 Posts: 63
    Options
    I have greek yogurt just about every morning. Twice the protein of regular yogurt and the Chobani brand is pretty low calorie. Sometimes I mix in some fresh fruit or cereal. Keeps me pretty full in the morning! Costco even has frozen greek yogurt pops which are my new dessert. Only 70 calories! Yum!