Serious Diet

Options
Hello, my name is Jae I am looking for some serious assistance with my diet. I stay below my daily calorie goal and although it has been working, it is also very difficult. Please Help!

Replies

• crystall2190
    crystall2190 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    What exactly is it that you need help with? My advice is to simply base all your meals/snacks around fruits and veggies! And of course tons of water!
  • JaeDaKing
    JaeDaKing Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Well I have heard and read about people that prepare their food but I need help doing that. I am on the go guy and I know I will have to buy food tubs. Everyday I find my self drinking a shake for breakfast and for lunch I am trying to find the quickest healthiest thing to eat. I snack on granola bars and fruit. For dinner I hit the gym and have my protein shake for dinner.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Well I have heard and read about people that prepare their food but I need help doing that. I am on the go guy and I know I will have to buy food tubs. Everyday I find my self drinking a shake for breakfast and for lunch I am trying to find the quickest healthiest thing to eat. I snack on granola bars and fruit. For dinner I hit the gym and have my protein shake for dinner.

I'm a vegetarian... but... I know a lot of people who do this.

They make chicken/meat on the weekend. They freeze/refridgerate it in portioned containers. They eat if for lunch throughout the week. You can always make things ahead of time or eat leftovers. Although I suggest you switch from protien shake morning and night to an actual meal. Unless you just absolutely love protein shakes.... The thing with that is it doesn't teach you to change your eating habits and you will not likely have protien shakes forever. what happens when you replace that 200-300 protein shake with a 700-800 meal? Weight gain. :P

I like eating greek yogurt in the morning/protien oatmeal, peice of fruit for mid morning snack, lunch (usually leftovers), Quest bar for afternoon snack, workout, then eat a large dinner/dessert. To each their own! I know when I go grocery shopping I pre-plan exactly what i'm going to eat, make, and what my macros/calories will be throughout the week.

Best of luck!!

edit to say: I rarely eat out. I always buy enough food at the grocery store for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and extra incase im just feeling devious. :)
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I prepare on Sunday for the week, make the meal plan, enter it to make sure I have the right nutrition and cook all the food I need for the week. Everything is mesured out in tupperware and I keep the list obn the frige so when I leave for work in the morning I jsut grab that days food.

example of my meals
    Breakfasts:
    oatmeal, fruit parfaits (I use cottage cheese for more protien, less sugars), hard boiled eggs

Lunch:
    Pasta with veggies and lean protien, rice with veggies and lentils, veggie enchilladas

snacks:
    Nuts, fruit, dried fruit,

Dinner: Protien shake

good luck and message me if you need some ideas.