I've gained back 8lbs!!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Michele7091
    Michele7091 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I didn't do so well on the standard 1200 calorie limit that MFP gave me. I bumped mine up after just a couple of weeks at 1200. I just couldn't do it...I was STARVING all the time. And like you, when I splurged, I went WAAAAAY overboard. So I raised mine to 1550 and haven't had many slip-ups since. I say up your calorie intake by a couple hundred (each day) and try that for a couple of weeks and see how you do. You can always go back if you need to.
  • masuelimen
    masuelimen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I like that...."Food is NOT a reward"
  • Amymarie19715
    Options
    I understand I have been there.First of all I would not be under 1200 cal.Eat at least 1200 calories. What helped me is my coach told me to stay between 1200 and 1500. Having that extra room seems to help.Took the pressure off of having to stay at 1200esp. when I didnt exersize that day. The best thing to do is to not have the junk food in the house. Then identify why you are over eating .Is it boredom or cravings?
  • themariashow
    Options
    What incredible support! Thank you all! It's so comforting to know I'm not the only one who feels this way. I do plan to up my calories and try that route.

The other factor that I forgot about is that I quit smoking 4 weeks ago. I realize that may be part of the problem.

Thank you all!!!!!!!!
  • JeanineLaymon1970
    JeanineLaymon1970 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    UMMMM...lol
    Quit smoking 10 yrs ago. You are lucky it is only 8 pounds!

You will find that you have soooo much more time to fill now, try walking. Make new habits when you used to smoke...
    i.e. after meals... THAT was what triggered me to stop eating... Hang in there!
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    This is the most important part of the weight loss journey in my opinion. This is the time where someone does 1 of 2 things. They get discouraged and give up OR they dig deep and keep going! You have it in you! You can do it, I've had weeks where I've been very frustrated! But you will fight through it and be stronger for it beleave me!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the initial weight loss and on quitting smoking! :bigsmile:

I'll agree with all those on upping your calories - staying at or below 1200 a day, especially with exercise, could very well be the problem. Your body wants to hang on to every bit of fuel you give it because it's not getting enough. Give enough healthy fuel and it burns it efficiently!

Be warned, once you up your calories, you may gain a little for a few weeks - don't let that scare you off! Your body needs time to adjust. Check out this group here at MFP, Eat More To Weigh Less: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3817-eat-more-to-weigh-less

Lots of good info in there, and links to websites that will help you calculate how much you should be eating. Figuring it all out is definitely a process, and all part of the fitness journey - at least it has been for me. But it's working!
  • catjrow3
    catjrow3 Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    What incredible support! Thank you all! It's so comforting to know I'm not the only one who feels this way. I do plan to up my calories and try that route.

The other factor that I forgot about is that I quit smoking 4 weeks ago. I realize that may be part of the problem.

Thank you all!!!!!!!!
    UGH! I quit smoking in 2007 and put on 50 lbs! I was not dieting, just eating and eating! Good job on only 8 then! You can do it! Just up the cals a bit more and keep your body moving as much as possible!