Carb Cycling Correctly.

Options
I've been wanting to try carb cycling. I just want to make sure I do it correctly. I want to try it because I think it'd be a great way for weight loss along with exercising and eating healthy.. but I don't want to stay "low carb" and then all of a sudden gain weight back when eating more & more carbs.

Here is what I was thinking:
Monday - Tues - Under 35g carbs
Weds-Thurs - Under 85g carbs
Friday-Sat - Under 35g carbs
Sun- Under 85g carbs

Would this be a correct way of carb cycling? Or what is your example of carb cycling that has helped you? Appreciate any responses, thanks!

Replies

• RunnerBlonde808
    RunnerBlonde808 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a plan if it works for you. I do low carb and a bit of a carb cycle. I do 30net carbs Sunday thru thursday. Friday I bump up to about 60 and then on Saturday I don't normally count the carbs (usually end up around 100-120).

It's worked for me. I've been doing it for 7 weeks now and it has really worked for me. I was already within my goal range when I started it but have lost 7 pounds since starting it and several inches. I like the low carb because I don't feel bloated.
  • MOTH477
    MOTH477 Posts: 17
    Options
    This sounds like a good idea. I just recently decided to reduce my carbs to a constant 70 instead of the 180 recommended by MFP. In two weeks I should be able to see if the idea works for me. If not I'll try carb cycling.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Bump for opinions too bc I've been reading up on this. I'm seeing 3 days moderate 1 day low repeat but I like your plan too.
  • ltupola
    ltupola Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I just heard about this and was thinking about it.... Suprised me on how many things we eat have carbs! But I love your idea, cause I've seen quite a few different ones.
  • TheOfficialEpic
    Options
    I've been wanting to try carb cycling. I just want to make sure I do it correctly. I want to try it because I think it'd be a great way for weight loss along with exercising and eating healthy.. but I don't want to stay "low carb" and then all of a sudden gain weight back when eating more & more carbs.

Here is what I was thinking:
    Monday - Tues - Under 35g carbs
    Weds-Thurs - Under 85g carbs
    Friday-Sat - Under 35g carbs
    Sun- Under 85g carbs

Would this be a correct way of carb cycling? Or what is your example of carb cycling that has helped you? Appreciate any responses, thanks!

Try googling a search of Ava Cowan with carb cycling. She is an unbelievable IFBB Pro Bikini competitor and also a huge advocate of carb cycling. Me personally, I keep the carbs higher the days before and of strength training, low to moderate if I'm just doing cardio or dance. Hope this helps yeh. Cheers
  • EthanJeremiahsMama
    EthanJeremiahsMama Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Bump