this is when I gave up last time, help!!!

Options
Hi Everyone,
I have stuck to 1200 calories and have exercised 45-60 minutes 6 days a week. Three days I lift for 45 minutes. I have only lost 2 lbs.Has this happened to anybody else? I don't usually eat my exercise calorie. Will my body just lose 2 lbs in one week.

Replies

• cdickey
    cdickey Posts: 230
    Options
    2 pounds in one week is fantastic. Actually it's above average. There will probably be a lot of people tell you to eat your excercise calories and others that will say they only eat half and so on. I think you will have to tweak your diet yourself and see what works for you. Most of the time I'm better off to eat them. Good luck and don't give up.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    loosing more than 2 lbs/week can be dangerous unless you are obese to begin with. Keep at it and overtime you will see the benefits. slow and steady wins the race.
  • angiered
    angiered Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    How long ago was it that you quit last time? Just think where you'd be now! A year from now, you can either regret that you quit, or celebrate that you didnt. :flowerforyou:

A 2lb loss is GOOD news! It's 2 lbs that you can actually maintain. You lost it the healthy way! Pat yourself on the back...and do it again!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    1200 calories, exercising 45 to 60 minutes a day, you're probably burning 400 to 800 calories a day, which means in reality you're only eating 400 to 800 calories a day (1200 -800=400, 1200-400=800), gotta eat those exercise calories, especially if you don't have a lot to lose and/or you are already at 1200 calories.
  • ccmurra
    Options
    I also did the same thing...one week I lost 3 pds...then 0...then the next week 2 and this week 0. I figure on the weeks that I don't lose anything at least I'm not gaining. I think sometimes its just if you are retaining more water or not. Hang in there! :)
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I have stuck to 1200 calories and have exercised 45-60 minutes 6 days a week. Three days I lift for 45 minutes. I have only lost 2 lbs.Has this happened to anybody else? I don't usually eat my exercise calorie. Will my body just lose 2 lbs in one week.

With the small amount you have to lose, I would target half to one pound a week. Two pounds a week is unreasonable for you to lose.
  • gnastro
    gnastro Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone that replied. I will keep at it. It took me two years to go from 113 to 133.5 so I guess I will just have to be more patient. I just love this site. Thanks everybody!! : )
  • LittleEva44
    Options
    Hi. Sounds to me like you're a beginner and you're doing a FANTASTIC job at working out 6 days a week! To me it sounds as if you're building up muscle mass; although I don't know when you began your exercise regimen. I agree w/a previous post that you should "up" your calorie intake. I myself am at 1,250 calories a day SINCE February 2009, and I have lost 17.8 pounds (see my ticker). I weigh myself "monthly" as PMS and water gain come into play as it does "monthly" for all us women. This month I weighed in at 17.8 and I have "upped" my exercise regimen. I work out during my lunch hour (3 miles) as I power walk Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Now I have "added" weights on Tuesdays and I sit on the hot tub, too (gym at work; I work for the Army; Civilian. So don't salute me :laugh: Blessings!

Eva
  • gnastro
    gnastro Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hi LittleEva,
    Weighing in once a month may help. Sometimes I obsess over the scale which I know is not good.I need to spend more time and just enjoy life. Congratulations on losing 17.8 pounds. On average how much do you lose a month? Thanks for the advice.