eating back cals

Options
omg if someone else has a go at me im gonna scream. someone asked advice about eating back calories, i said i dont cos i dont see the point and if i do i dont lose any and sometimes gain, other people say since they've been eating back they lose more. its what works for the individual. isnt this the point of the forums, people ask for advice and we share our thoughts and what we do for ourselves??!! SO STOP HAVING A GO AT ME.

Replies

• SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    while I certainly respect your way of doing things and your right to your own choice, I didn't know you were doing that. You might be loosing, but you can tell from your pictures you have also lost lean muscle. You do not appear to have any definition and while you are thin, you do not appear to be very firm, and I can bet it is because your lack of fueling your body. I am not saying this to hate on you, but merely to provide an outside point of view.

That being said, I can only allow myself to have friends on here who are truly trying to do things in a healthy matter, and this just doesn't appear to be what you are doing, so I am going to have to delete you as friend.

I wish you luck on your journey and I sincerely hope you reach whatever goal it is you are trying to.
  • indiepops
    indiepops Posts: 96
    Options
    i appreciate your opinion and if thats how u feel then delete me. but im not going to eat back cals and put the weight back on, i did start by eating back cals, but it doesnt work for me. i dont agree with what u say about my pics, ive lost inches yes, but ive only been working out for the past two months, busted my knee, so i cant do anything high impact, the toning and muscle building will come with time, i can see more definition in my arms already though, i feel better and stronger. also id like to point out, any diet plans that people follow dont tell you to eat back cals, ive only ever seen it on here and as far as im aware weight watchers points, and thats optional. at the end of the day we all have our own paths, and as long as we are healthy doing so, we can lose any we want or need for our own individual bodies xx
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    If you didn't want people "having a go" at you, why would you post yet another topic about it?
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Hey, if it's working for you and your HAPPY then people should just leave ya be.
    Live and Let Live and all that.

For someone to delete a person as a friend because they don't 'eat back their calories' is so silly and immature to me!!!
    We are all trying to do something that is really hard. Why not agree to dis-agree and still be friends?

There are SO many ways to be healthy, not just one.
  • indiepops
    Options
    you've just answered your own question. this is suppose to be a nice and friendly website and forum for people to voice their likes dislikes and diet help, then you trolls get kicks out of hating on people, its one thing having a discussion about topics, but to be mean and hating on people is pathetic, and i am not one to take it lying down, thats why.
  • indiepops
    Options
    Hey, if it's working for you and your HAPPY then people should just leave ya be.
    Live and Let Live and all that.

For someone to delete a person as a friend because they don't 'eat back their calories' is so silly and immature to me!!!
    We are all trying to do something that is really hard. Why not agree to dis-agree and still be friends?

There are SO many ways to be healthy, not just one.
    thank you, that means a lot. and yes you are right xx
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    i agree
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    you've just answered your own question. this is suppose to be a nice and friendly website and forum for people to voice their likes dislikes and diet help, then you trolls get kicks out of hating on people, its one thing having a discussion about topics, but to be mean and hating on people is pathetic, and i am not one to take it lying down, thats why.

I think you'd be less upset about it if you just let it roll off your back. Who cares what other people think? I bet you can't even remember the person who had a go at you. It's because they don't matter in real life.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I suppose you're talking to me? Yes, I can answer my own question. You brought it up again because there isn't enough drama in your life and you wanted to whine more. This wasn't posted for discussion, it was just to stir up more crap.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    If eating back doesn't work for you, there are three possible causes:

- Your BMR is miscalculated too high, and thus you are creating your only deficit when you work out.
    - You're eating more than you think.
    - You're burning less than you think.

Generally you eat them back to avoid increasing your deficit beyond what is necessary and to ensure adequate nutrition for tissue repair and other basal functions.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options

- Your BMR is miscalculated too high, and thus you are creating your only deficit when you work out.

Generally you eat them back to avoid increasing your deficit beyond what is necessary and to ensure adequate nutrition for tissue repair and other basal functions.

Or she gave it a try for a week and saw an initial "gain" and freaked out.
  • indiepops
    Options

a month actually hun, nothing first week, 1lb gain for next two weeks, then 2lb gain. as soon as i stopped eating back i lost 1.4 to 2.2 a week.

tried that also, every tdee etc said roughly between 1331 and 1349, sticking to a 1300 a day cal diet now and its working ok for me.
  • indiepops
    Options
    I suppose you're talking to me? Yes, I can answer my own question. You brought it up again because there isn't enough drama in your life and you wanted to whine more. This wasn't posted for discussion, it was just to stir up more crap.
    what so you expect me to stay quite while you lot think you're smug and self righteous, dream on chicken, go and bother someone else. i am allowed my opinion. no it wasnt posted for discussion it was posted to say i wont be hated on for having an opinion, you lot are just bullys with nothing better to do, do one and leave us all to post topics and answers that will be respected instead of hated on
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options

a month actually hun, nothing first week, 1lb gain for next two weeks, then 2lb gain. as soon as i stopped eating back i lost 1.4 to 2.2 a week.

tried that also, every tdee etc said roughly between 1331 and 1349, sticking to a 1300 a day cal diet now and its working ok for me.

Oh okay….so your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure…..which is your calories needed to MAINTAIN your current weight) is roughly 1300-something.

That’s quite low. Really low for TDEE.

Anyway, if you are eating your TDEE, then yes, you wouldn’t eat your exercise calories back.
  • indiepops
    Options

Oh okay….so your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure…..which is your calories needed to MAINTAIN your current weight) is roughly 1300-something.

Anyway, if you are eating your TDEE, then yes, you wouldn’t eat your exercise calories back.
    thank you, no one seems to get it. i work part time hours and am always on comp selling on ebay so im in the little activity box, thats why its so low, and so i dont eat my cals back otherwise i just gain or nothing goes anywhere.
    im just so sick of people picking on other people for having opinions and sharing the way they do things, whether anyone of us thinks its right or wrong, as long as it works for them, its legal and healthy, whats the problem?! and no one seems to do anything about it. i hate bullies, mindless morons with nothing in their lives so they hate on other people to make themselves feel better, well bring it on bullies of mfp, if you're picking on me at least you're leaving others alone!
  • indiepops
    Options

i didnt read your post properly, i am at 1300 calories and cycling between 1200 1300 and 1400 in a week to lose weight hun, not in maintenance xx
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I don't really think it's anyones business what anyone else does on here, and some people can get nasty and self-righteous...

I think you might have your TDEE and BMR numbers confused though.
  • jaxandmaksmom
    jaxandmaksmom Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I lost 90 lbs not eating the proper calories for my body before i had kids.. i would eat 1200 cals.. work out and burn about 700 of them..

then i got i pregnant twice and i gain about 100lbs + in a flash... ya it sucks huge.. and getting it off has been possibly the most difficult thing ever.

Cutting calories and not eating your work out calories works for a time.... but your body goes haywire.. and it messes up your metobalism so bad that it takes so much time to repair it...

I have now repaired my body and am working to healthly repair my body more and remove this weight. I am doing it with the calories eaten that i am to eat for the day and about 90% of my work out calories... ( i work out at night so getting them all eaten is killer) But i am putting the pure effort to lose the weight so that in 6 months or a year i am not just skinny but firm and healthy and have a body that is proof of my hard work. to be honest i would rather be a healthy 180lbs or whatever then an unhealthy 130...
  • AlicynH
    AlicynH Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I was told that I needed to eat back my calories so I did for a couple of weeks. I gained back almost 10 of the 17 I'd lost. I quit eating them and WHALA, I'm almost back down to where I was.
  • fasmoodle
    fasmoodle Posts: 5
    Options
    Read this (http://www.libraryindex.com/pages/2752/Diet-Weight-Loss-Lore-Myths-Controversies.html) and leave the poor girl alone....people are different...
    If it works for you to do 1300 cals then go for it....

We're all fighting on the same side here...give the girl a break....