Just checking I'm doing this right

Options
Im a newbie (rejoined today)

I have an active job as a cleaning supervisor in a school, I'm on the go for 3.5 hours, hoovering, mopping, sweeping etc.

I put down that I had an active lifestyle so do I count vigourous housework (my job) as exercise or is this already accounted for when working out my calories?

Hope this makes sense

Replies

• therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    No. If you chose an active lifestyle then you would NOT eat back your work calories.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    No. If you chose an active lifestyle then you would NOT eat back your work calories.

Yes you would eat them back for exercise, but not the cleaning, as that is why you chose your activity level. For purposeful exercise that is on top of that you would count. Something such as jogging for 30 minutes should be logged and caloires consumed.
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    This is already accounted for when working out your calorie needs.
  • Louise1247
    Louise1247 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    cleaning will be accounted for in your goal calories- so don eat them back

Other exercising wont be accounted for so eat them back! :):)
  • Angelbinick21
    Angelbinick21 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I think it goes by what you 'normally' do. If you 'normally' work hard 3.5 hours a day, your body is accustomed to that and it doesn't count as excersize. I think you are correct to set your lifestyle to active. Log all your daily food intake, and any physical activity over and above your 'normal' work day.
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I too have a hard time with this as i set my level at seditary. my job is seditary when i am in reception and active when I am dental assisting. My advice, set your level at your least active level. Then add your best estimate of time active as exercise. I input heavey house cleaning. It might be a good investment to get a "fitbit" (a moniter to wear) or at least a pedometer, and add some of those exercise calories. Sorry, there is no simple answer.
  • firemanlover
    firemanlover Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies :-)