Fallen and trying to pick up the peices of this journey

Options
Well I am ashamed to say that I derailed off track big time! I went on vacation in December and its been a chain reaction since. Family issues, triggered my spirral down towards my weight gain. I worked so hard to loose the weght I lost. WHY did I allow this to happen. I thought I was strong enough to get through this. I need support and people I can talk to when I am having a bad day. I dont want to feel like this anymore, I dont want to be unhealthy. I want to have energy for my kids.... I am super bummed!

Replies

• Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I can understand the way you feel. I've basically gone from working out 6 days a week, to getting 3 in, if I'm lucky. My eating has never been perfect, so I can't say that I've really gone off track there. But it is definitely frustrating and disappointing.

I think the main factor is that you're still here, and still logging calories. That in itself is a good foundation to slowly start to ramp up and get back into full swing. Though I know it's easier said than done sometimes, you have to force yourself to find time to do the things YOU need to do. We can come up with 100s of excuses in any given day... but in the end, that's all they are.

When you don't feel like exercising, tell yourself "Just 10 mins..."... then get on the bike, or the treadmill, or elliptical, or whatever is near... and by the time that 10 mins is up, you'll have a sweat going... you'll be warmed up... and your heart will be pumping blood (supposed that counts as being warmed up though lol). Point is, you'll be ready to go for more than 10 mins by that point.
  • holleysings
    holleysings Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Beating yourself up about it will make it worse and continue the downward spiral. You're human and got off track! Feel free to add me if you want someone to help nudge you back on track when you need it. :) I know I could use the support too.
  • agrzybow
    agrzybow Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Get back up, dust yourself off, and just keep moving onward. You can do it! Since you did it before, you can do it again. You will be that much prouder when you accomplish your goal! You are still here, you haven't quit yet. Good for you!
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    It happened to me, too. I had lost 110 lbs and somewhere along the way gained half of it back :noway: I came back in March and dusted myself off and set out to get back to that 110 lb loss and hopefully some more.

You can do it! :flowerforyou:
  • Boonster001
    Boonster001 Posts: 62
    Options
    Tomorrow is a new day, take a breath - don't beat yourself up and get started again. Remember - this is a journey, not a battle. Be kind to yourself! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • Mrs16
    Mrs16 Posts: 86
    Options
    Good for you for stepping back into it.
  • Laurieann137
    Laurieann137 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    It happens to a lot of us! I have had those bad days too and am a BIG emotional eater!!! Me and stress don't get along! But I am doing it this time! Slow by sure....very slow! lol! Feel free to add me! I can be a support system and a shoulder to cry on!! Hang in there! You CAN do this!!
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    WE are all here because we cannot do this alone..
    Then good things are
    You realized you went off track
    You came back
    You asked for help...

so far it sounds like you are back on the right track and if we never fail then we never know success...
    so lets get to it and make it happen.......

You can do it again!!!!!
  • mariacolumbus
    mariacolumbus Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    VERY GOOD advise. Add me as a friend if you would like...I am glad to go through this journey with you. Good luck!

WE are all here because we cannot do this alone..
    Then good things are
    You realized you went off track
    You came back
    You asked for help...

so far it sounds like you are back on the right track and if we never fail then we never know success...
    so lets get to it and make it happen.......

You can do it again!!!!!
    [/quote]
  • Ali65
    Ali65 Posts: 15
    Options
    Your MFP connection is here!! We get down on ourselves but we get up again, don't we? Stay motivated with walks...and get going!
    Smile!
  • reka74
    reka74 Posts: 70
    Options
    You can do it! You are the most powerful person in your life...
  • Majunta
    Majunta Posts: 575
    Options
    One pound shy of my half way point (150 to lose)....and BAM...the umph was gone.

The good thing is I've only gain 9 lbs back. I noticed, however, while some of my choices were not good at all, overall I was somewhat concious of the things learned over the last 14 months. I think we just get tired of watching every morsel that goes into our mouth. Which then, IMHO, perpetuates obsessive behaviors i.e. over exercise; getting on the scale 5 times a day; constantly thinking about food (good & bad); constantly wondering what I waill weigh tomorrow even though I know weighing everday is not good.

For me, I think the break was good. Yah, I gained some weight but I don't think I was out of control...just lazy and needed a mental break. Today was the first day Ipromised myself I would drink my water. I used to be the water Queen. Not everyone can lose 100 pounds in 9 months. And quite frankly, I wouldn't have wanted to lose 100lbs in 9 months. Sure, that would be great because then the fight was over....but is it really? I don't beleive the fight will ever be over.

This is a lifetime struggle. I have to love myself through this. I have to be kind to myself when the going gets tough. I have to accept that I can not eat perfectly every single day of my life. Kudos to those who can...but for me.....it's ok to stumble.

The most important thing is....we're still here...on MFP because we know what's best.

Hang in there