NSV: Keys locked in the car

Options
StarkLark
StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
So I managed to lock my keys in my car this morning as I was getting ready to leave for work. No spare key and everything I need for the day is locked inside. :frown:

I stood there for about 30 seconds weighing my options before I thought to check the trunk. The trunk was unlocked and opening it set my alarm off. I peered inside and wondered if the fold-down rear seat was also unlocked. It was, but only the narrow side. I stared at the small opening which is about 14" wide by 20" tall.

With the alarm blaring and the neighbors probably cursing I decided to give it a shot. I crawled into the trunk and managed to BARELY squeeze through the opening, twist myself around in the backseat and grab the keys. I hit the unlock button as fast as I could to stop the alarm and then sat there amazed. There is NO WAY I would have been able to pull this off even 30 pounds ago.

A terrible and inconvenient start to my day was narrowly avoided and I am happy to add this to the list of physical accomplishments that are starting to make me feel like a (still overweight) ninja.

Thanks to the MFP website and community for helping keep me on track and getting me back inside my car this morning! :drinker:

Replies

• thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Thats Great!
  • 75Juniper
    75Juniper Posts: 376
    Options
    LOL - that's the most unique NSV I think I've ever seen. Good job!
  • cutie2b
    cutie2b Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It's always the things that you can now do that surprise you the most (at least in my personal experience)! So this is a wonderful NSV!
  • specialkyc
    specialkyc Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Good job!! See, what started out as a bad day turned into a good day (since you're feeling like a ninja today).
  • StarkLark
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Yes, my day went from bad and sad to rad and glad :wink:
  • rds532
    rds532 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    very cool post! Be proud! Hope you had your cell phone on you in case you got stuck!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    love it! A victory to be sure! Take THAT AAA!! Haha Congrats on all your success :)
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Oh my, hehehe. This is a fun NSV...I mean, not fun that you locked your keys in your car...but such a fun NSV that no one would even think about...I mean, who goes crawling through their cars from the trunk? hehe! Thanks for sharing! and keep up the amazing work you're doing! :)
  • BradyMommy
    BradyMommy Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    NSV= Ninja Scale Victory!!!

That was an AWESOME NSV! Thanks for sharing and congratulations on your weight loss!!
  • StarkLark
    Options
    NSV= Ninja Scale Victory!!!
    Hahaha yes!
  • lilpe5512
    lilpe5512 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Great NSV!
  • Pakitalian
    Pakitalian Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    This has to be the BEST NSV story ever!!! Heck yess!!!

*R*O*C*K*S*T*A*R* :drinker:
  • gabwas
    gabwas Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Talk about looking on the bright side! That is awesome!
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    HAHA! Thats awesome!
  • mfchiumento
    mfchiumento Posts: 32
    Options
    HAHA, thats awesome, Now I know my ninja skills will come out of hiding soon!
  • StarkLark
    Options
    Thanks again everyone. The support here is amazing :glasses:
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    When life gives you lemons, just crawl through the trunk like a cat :)
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I have to say yes this is the best and funniest NSV I have ever read - Congrats!!!
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Very funny too.

I can't wait for the day that I can follow my kid into the tunnels at the playground and not be embarrased. I was going to say at the McDonald's playground, but I hope I can get myself to stop eating there at all. :)
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Congratulations ninja!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!