Is Anyone Done With Working?

Options
neverstray
neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
I'm so done that you don't even know. I just simply don't want to work anymore. I get out of bed, and spend 30 minutes or so convincing myself that it's going to be an awesome day. I get to work and tell myself I'm going to kill it and do my best. Then I go home at night and think, "That was the biggest f'ing waste of my life ever." Then, I do it all again the next day. I don't hate my job, I just hate working. I don't think there is any job in the world I would be happy doing. I just don't want to have to work or report to anyone ever for any reason anymore.

Does anyone feel the same way, or is it just me?

Replies

• kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I think there are jobs I would enjoy more, but overall, yes, I do the EXACT same thing everyday. Every. freakin. day.
  • Bassafrass80
    Bassafrass80 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I like my job, but I completely agree. I just don't want to work!
  • sbernardy
    sbernardy Posts: 188
    Options
    Same here.... I enjoy my home life way to much ... sick of wasting hours working ... for what a check to pay these over priced bills..... Wish things were simpler in life.... I'm sure I will have to work till the day I die!
  • natvanessa
    natvanessa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Same here! Hate being accountable for stuff LOL.

Count down to retirement?!!
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    I don't want to work. I just want to bang on the drum all day. For me, it started when I was young. Some times I would take it to the extreme and tell my mom that I didn't want to go to school today, that I would rather just go outside and play.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    This guy decided he was done with money, and he seems really happy♥

http://gma.yahoo.com/going-without-money-hurt-economy-one-mans-quest-211049892--abc-news-topstories.html
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    My job is pretty innocuous, but I'd rather not be here. At least I've worked here long enough to have earned a fair amount of vacation time.
  • stetienne
    stetienne Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Let's just say I definitely work to live, not the reverse.
  • shannoninBC
    shannoninBC Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Yup totally agree.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
  • OnMyWeigh464
    OnMyWeigh464 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I wish I could say the same but I truly love my job! I do, however, look very forward to my summers off! But I think 2 months is too long...I would love to have one month off then back to work lol
  • Flygirl214
    Flygirl214 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I hated my job but then I got laid off. Now I'm finding work as a virtual assistant. Much happier and work on the schedule I want to work instead of someone else's.
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options

^^This
    I actually don't hate my job, just don't like the company I work for. I'm looking to take my talents somewhere else and waiting to hear back on a second interview.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Multiple streams of passive income ftw!

Only reason I've got a day job is for the dang health insurance.
  • phillieschic
    phillieschic Posts: 615
    Options
    Yes...I force myself to leave for work and then I count the minutes until it's time to leave.

Love what I do, just not the people here.
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I USED to feel that way...
    Then I got a new job and realized how bad my old one sucked.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    The problem is there are SO MANY other things I'd rather be doing and work ... is work. It's just so pointless.

I have two jobs and work 9-9 Mon-Fri and 12-9 on Saturday so I think I'm kind of in the position where A: I"m getting burnt out and B: I really don't have any personal time so any wasted moments at work feel like a waste of my life period.

Ah well... five more years to go before I can downsize the job...
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    I'm so done that you don't even know. I just simply don't want to work anymore. I get out of bed, and spend 30 minutes or so convincing myself that it's going to be an awesome day. I get to work and tell myself I'm going to kill it and do my best. Then I go home at night and think, "That was the biggest f'ing waste of my life ever." Then, I do it all again the next day. I don't hate my job, I just hate working. I don't think there is any job in the world I would be happy doing. I just don't want to have to work or report to anyone ever for any reason anymore.

Does anyone feel the same way, or is it just me?

In fact were going to need you to come in onnnnn Saturday. MMmmmmkkkkkkkay.

office-space.jpg
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options

Yup!!!