Run to Eat More?

Options
This is for those that track calories!

Does anyone else exercise "just enough" to be able to eat something else because you really want it, but you don't want to go over your calorie goal?

Replies

• wheezybreezy
    wheezybreezy Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Did it this morning so I can go on about my day snacking away lol. I know that the exercise as punishment mentality is not good, but I like to have options!
  • Summer5555
    Summer5555 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. Busted my butt doing over an hours cardio so I could pig out on pasta, turned out I didn't eat as much as planned because it was too filling, or maybe my stomach can't handle big meals anymore. Later ended up eating some fruit and nuts just to bump my calories up more.
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    sometimes :)
  • mowu
    mowu Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Nope - I don't work out so I can eat more......but in general I tend to eat so I can work out more.....
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    yes
    last weekend I knew I will have 2 big lunches (Sat and Sun) so I made sure to exercise before lunch, so I can eat whatever I want and not feel miserable...
  • sbeasty1
    sbeasty1 Posts: 8
    Options
    This is the ONLY reason I exercise! :)
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Yes!
  • lauren12334
    Options
    Yes i do this! I like to have some calories to fall back on just in case I eat more calories than predicted and often I find it hard to stay under my limit if I don't exercise that day so will often go for runs just to stay on the safe side (:
  • CALake
    CALake Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    .... or eat enough! My recommended calorie intake for the day is 1240. Who can live on that? That's ridiculous! I work out enough so I can eat 1500-1800 a day.
  • Hilary75
    Hilary75 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Yup, I also run for wine.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I run for vodka! And chocolate. But not together.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I eat to run more.

Several years ago I lost over 50 lbs to get to my goal weight. I maintained it until I had babies, but I became very disordered in my thinking. I used to mentally calculate each thing I'd eat that may have been even slightly unhealthy and then I'd make sure I worked out to burn at least that many calories.

That is no way to live.

I think getting some exercise on a day you have an event to go to - a birthday dinner or a Mother's Day brunch or something - is a great idea. But on a regular basis, I wouldn't do it. I set my goal to lose only a half pound per week so that I can eat enough, lose weight, and not get all crazy about it.
  • InTheInbetween
    InTheInbetween Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    .... or eat enough! My recommended calorie intake for the day is 1240. Who can live on that? That's ridiculous! I work out enough so I can eat 1500-1800 a day.

^^ This!!
  • InTheInbetween
    InTheInbetween Posts: 192 Member
    Options

^^ And THIS!! :drinker: :laugh:
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I run because I love to run. But sure, being able to eat something yummy is cool too.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I do this on the weekends if I knew I'm going out to eat, or going to the bar with my friends!
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I only run when I want to catch something I'm going to eat
  • hpynh2o
    hpynh2o Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Everyday!
  • pbl1966
    pbl1966 Posts: 207 Member
    Options

Me too!!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Best motivation for me!!!! In fact, today is supposed to be a "rest" day but darn it...I would like to eat more than 233 calories for dinner LOL. Hmmmm......