Balancing types of food

Options
I love carbs. Mostly potatoes. So, I've been slowly cutting them out and am having a much easier time staying within my calories. BUT. Now it keeps showing my protein is way too high. I am trying to incorporate fruits/veg, but in the meantime, is it better to go over my calories or over on protein?

Watching sodium too. I saw that can cause weight gain, but is it just water weight? It it possible to have a lot of water weight, just based on salt intake?

Thanks!

Replies

• chrisb75
    chrisb75 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I love carbs. Mostly potatoes. So, I've been slowly cutting them out and am having a much easier time staying within my calories. BUT. Now it keeps showing my protein is way too high. I am trying to incorporate fruits/veg, but in the meantime, is it better to go over my calories or over on protein?

Watching sodium too. I saw that can cause weight gain, but is it just water weight? It it possible to have a lot of water weight, just based on salt intake?

Thanks!

Why on earth are you cutting out carbs? Do you know what your macro nutrient ratios are?
  • dehaunch
    dehaunch Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm not cutting out carbs completely...just the ones I eat that are fried...or smothered in cheese :) I have no idea about the macro/micro anything.
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I don't know what the whole macro/micro thing is either. Would anyone care to enlighten us? :)