pizza

Options
Vodkha
Vodkha Posts: 352 Member
Ok, my one weakness is pizza. I love it. When I order it there is no way I can eat just one or two pieces. Think mini binge here lol! (I know that's not really funny). Anyways, I am doing Intermittent Fasting where I only eat once daily. I am sooo craving pizza tonite but I know I will probably most likely eat over my caloric limit for the day if I get it. Since I have others in the house, we would be ordering it in. On the other hand, I have been doing so well lately with my eating that I feel if I don't splurge I might just totally binge and eat everything in site! What do I do? Struggle through it and eat well or treat myself this one day? I don't want to set myself back at all. And since I am so indecisive, what would you do?

Replies

• jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Order a mini pizza so you can't eat too much :) I am making homeade pizza tonight, so its a bit lower in cals as I control the kind and amount of cheese and will use a wheat crust
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I am making homemade pizza tonight too, but I think mine is actually WORSE that take out, UGH

Pizza is my favorite food, can't win for losing....
  • jacksb1971
    jacksb1971 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Marks and Spencer Count On Us Ham and Mushroom Pizza. They are lovely and only 380 calories for a whole one. Plus they only take 12 minutes to cook. Yummy!!
  • Brittany1979
    Brittany1979 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    i know how you feel... i work at a pizza place .
  • cabg6
    cabg6 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    What about giving yourself one day a week to eat pizza and one day a week for your fasting.
    I'm reading good things about both the binge day and the 2-meal fast.
    I'll bet you keep losing weight.
    Eating pizza will keep you motivated so that's a good thing!
  • mrh1227
    mrh1227 Posts: 37
    Options
    I'm actually doing a special this week on my facebook page about healthy alternatives to guilty pleasures and Monday's food of choice was pizza! Here is the link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55dmXSyOGdI

For more information and healthy recipes, like my facebook group @ www.facebook.com/OHealthCenter .
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    im having home made taco salad nom nom nom
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Make a nice tossed salad! Phone in your order .... then "pig out" on salad. By the time pizza arrives, 2 pieces should about do it.

Seriously, I really like homemade pizza ... very easy (Fleischmann's Pizza Yeast is 1 step). Turkey pepperoni is much lower cal & add lots of veggies.
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I find what helps me is to have a lean cusine pizza every once in a while to help me not want the real thing. They are pretty good but not as good as pizza hut but tasty enough for me
  • reagnickl
    reagnickl Posts: 2
    Options
    Lean Cuisine makes a really good deluxe pizza you cook in the microwave! Only 300 calories for the whole pizza! It curves my cravings!
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I try and do a little more exercise before pizza night, then I get to eat nearly the whole thing if I want to.
  • frootcat
    frootcat Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Oh pizza, love of my life.

My 10 year old daughter doesn't like pizza because we ate it so much when she was younger. (She fortunately takes more after her father and isn't overweight at all and likes healthy foods).

I could easily eat it for every meal. Joyfully. For the rest of my life. (Which would be about 93 days, I know).

Mmm.
  • breathless575
    breathless575 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I love pizza too, and I think it is healthier if you make it at home. Here is one of my favorites: 1 whole wheat naan, 1-2 Tbsp pesto, and top it with tomato slices and fresh mozzarella. Bake at 425 until cheese is melted. A package of Naan has two "crusts" which limits portion size.
  • MargotAllen
    MargotAllen Posts: 63
    Options
    What's this one meal fasting all about?
  • MargotAllen
    MargotAllen Posts: 63
    Options
    I'm like that about burritos. <3
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I like to make pizzas on tortillas.
  • ChelseaM18
    ChelseaM18 Posts: 303
    Options
    My mom today when I was waiting for a bus in the car with her, ordered a pizza from my favourite place and ate it right beside me and it was absolute torture, but I feel better now that I didn't :) If I can resist that pizza in a confined space YOU can too girly :D
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    what would you do?

order pizza.
    eat the whole thing.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    what would you do?

order pizza.
    eat the whole thing.

+ not feel bad about it
  • bigbugboo
    bigbugboo Posts: 161
    Options
    I make mine with wholewheat flour, use about half the stated amount of dough, roll out thinly and then let it rise for a while 'til it's fluffy and add topping. Eat with a huge mixed salad. I do IFing too, usually 16/8 rather than the 24 hour, but it would work for you too. I can give you the recipe for an approx 700 calories, 10 inch pizza. It tastes as good as anything you can buy, only healthier!