Georgia Mom of 3

Options
HI everyone I am new here and just started again to lose some weight after many failed attempts. I had gotten up to about 250 and lost down to about 215 over about a year. But have gained again up to about 240. When I lost the weight before my husband and I were going through a divorce so I just cut out all of my sodas and cut back a lot on what I was eating and to be honest I was so stressed out I didn’t take great care of myself. So with this being said I was never really on a diet and I honestly have no idea where to start my first goal is to be under 200 and then once I hit that I will set another goal. Can you please tell me what has worked best for you.

Replies

• Babygirl928
    Babygirl928 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    MFP has been my strength. This is the longest I have EVER stuck with being healthy and eating right. People on here are great support and it also gives me a feeling of being accountable, cuz they can see what i eat, so it makes me think twice when i want to eat bad. its not easy but if you stick with it, it definately works. Best of luck on your journey to being healthier. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like! :smile:
  • chelleann777
    chelleann777 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm from Georgia too! Consistency works best. I am struggling to stay consistent on exercising and calorie counting, so I know without consistency it doesn't work. Good luck, and you can add me if you like:)
  • Georgiamomof3
    Options
    Thanks for responding :) are you both just counting calories and exercising??
  • hollymurphy4
    hollymurphy4 Posts: 122
    Options
    I live in GA also. I am a 36 year old wife and stay-at-home mom of 4 children. Yesterday I ordered The 30 Day Shred DVD and can't wait to get started with it. I have always lost weight with counting calories. That's just what works for me. I haven't exercised in the past, but will start exercising using the 30 Day Shred video. I plan to take before and after pics, but I don't know if I'm brave enough to post them. I do think it's a good idea to at least record your measurements. Good luck to you! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Georgiamomof3
    Options
    OK i know this is a stupid question cause everyone says its on the website but how do i figure out if i want to loose 2 pounds a week how many calories i should be eating??
  • hollymurphy4
    hollymurphy4 Posts: 122
    Options
    When you first signed up on MFP it should have asked you your weight, height, and exercise level. It will determine your daily calorie intake for you.
  • aprilgrl27
    aprilgrl27 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Just go to settings and update diet profile...you can change it there...
  • FLGatorGrl
    FLGatorGrl Posts: 33
    Options
    You will love this app. I have never been able to commit to anything regarding my weight but on my birthday last summer decided I had to do something. Have been on MFP since last summer and it has been the best tool to help me. Friend me it you want that has been a great tool also feeling that you have accountability.
  • Mrsfullwood
    Mrsfullwood Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm also from Georgia. I have been doing MFP for about 6 weeks and I love it. I'm set for 1200 calories a day and I have no problems, at the end of the day I have a couple hundred calories remaining. I often wonder how many calories I was eating before I joined MFP. :noway:
    Anyway good luck and feel free to add me as a friend!
  • chelleann777
    chelleann777 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Yep. I try to count my calories (I have too many cheat days lol), and I have been doing the 30 day shred and Turbo Jam.
  • TinaCleg_cancel
    Options
    I sent you a friend request. I am a Georgia mom too. I do track my calories and I excercise at least 4 days a week. I would love to tell you I have had great success so far but the last month has not shown much on the scale. You will find a ton of support here !
  • LillysGranny
    LillysGranny Posts: 431
    Options
    I'm a Georgia girl, too. Counting calories and exercising is really all there is to it--no magic involved. It won't hurt to eat good, nutritious food, but as long as what goes in is less than you burn you WILL lose. I feel best and lose best if I keep my protein intake pretty high--100g / day and get about 35 grams of fiber per day along with plenty of water. I workout 6 days a week, usually, and go pretty hard--kickboxing, zumba, circuits. And I do eat back many of my exercise calories...but I try to keep a little deficit so I can cheat on the weekend and be even for the week. It works for me. Good luck to you!
  • Mrsfullwood
    Mrsfullwood Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I live in GA also. I am a 36 year old wife and stay-at-home mom of 4 children. Yesterday I ordered The 30 Day Shred DVD and can't wait to get started with it. I have always lost weight with counting calories. That's just what works for me. I haven't exercised in the past, but will start exercising using the 30 Day Shred video. I plan to take before and after pics, but I don't know if I'm brave enough to post them. I do think it's a good idea to at least record your measurements. Good luck to you! Feel free to add me as a friend.

I'm starting my 30DS tonight! :happy:
  • shellyhef1
    shellyhef1 Posts: 33
    Options
    Just sent you a friend request. I am a Georgia mom too!
  • Georgiamomof3
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the welcome and information :) Super excited about all this
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Counting calories on here and getting enough exercise really does work :) Welcome to MFP!
  • Temple_Fit
    Temple_Fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I'm from MD but I recently moved to GA. Changing my eating habits has helped me tremendously. I started out walking a mile around my neighbor and noticed my pants were lose in the hips then I got a gym membership and hit the gym in the morning for strength and cardio and back in the evening for zumba and the weight started melting off me. This is a great site to utilize, especially if you are looking for a little support, but seriously, the real motivation is going to come from within and you gotta push yourself. Be your own Drill Sargent! Much success with your weight lost. I'm sure you will achieve whatever goal you set. Feel free to ad me as a friend.
  • mrs_dwr
    mrs_dwr Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I'm a GA mom of 3 also! MFP has been a great tool to track what I eat and how much I burn in exercise. If you don't have the app on your phone (if you have a smartphone), get it! It makes things so much easier! Feel free to add me as a friend; I log on every day.
  • FLGatorGrl
    FLGatorGrl Posts: 33
    Options
    I am a Georgia girl also from Southwest Georgia. Now live in paradise Destin, Florida.
  • jenguhl
    jenguhl Posts: 79
    Options
    Is everyone from Georgia so sweet? Looks like you already have a great support network here! Good luck!