weightwatchers vs. slimmingworld

Options
Hi guys

Have you ever had any experiences with weight watchers or slimming world? Which one did you find more effective in terms of loosing weight? And what do you think about low carb diets?

I'm finding it very confusing as there are so many types of diets and sometimes they are quite contradictory....

I would be grateful if you could share your experiences with me...

Many thanks!

Replies

• pineapple1989
    pineapple1989 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Personally I dont use either but I have close friends who do both. In my experience, if you do Slimmingworld, you have to be 100% committed all the time and you have to stay well clear from calorie counting as it works differently and if you check calories you will end up freaking. I have found that this seems to be more of a "lifestyle change" rather than a means to lose a lot of weight, but it can be done, it depends what your goals are I guess as to what is more appropriate.

As for Weightwatchers, my friends who have lost a significant amount of weight seem to use this. They have a lot of products out to help, I calorie count myself but buy a lot of weightwatchers products as I find I can incorporate them into my diet and they always taste very good (try the hot chocolate!)

I think for a diet Weightwatchers is the better choice however with Slimmingworld you get more home made recipies so you might find you can eat a better quality of food and less processed. Hope this helps!