New to site....Doing 30 day shred

Options
Is anyone else doing the Jillian Micheals 30 day shred? I have been for 1 week and am still in level 1! I am so out of shape...I don't know if I'll ever go to level 2.

Replies

• amolina0810
    amolina0810 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am on level 2! Personally, I think level 2 is a lot easier than level 1. There were just certain exercises that I didn't like on level one such as the side lunges LOL!! I did 6 days of level one and went to level 2. What do you think of the 30DS so far?
  • starkers80
    starkers80 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just started today. I certainly worked up a sweat... I am so unfit!
  • runnerjenn0708
    runnerjenn0708 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    did it for a while but got bored .... :( .. Im doing P90X now and loving it!

Good luck, and KICK *kitten*!! :)
  • flobee76
    flobee76 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I was VERY out of shape when I started 30DS. I stayed on each level for about 10 days. :)
  • mommy7
    mommy7 Posts: 153
    Options
    I just finished level 2 today. I hated it!! But I am determined to finish this!
  • mandy9808
    mandy9808 Posts: 19
    Options
    I have done it. Completed all three levels and started it over this Monday. Just wish I could get the scales to move? How many calories do you all eat that are doing the shred?
  • khloee1
    khloee1 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I think I might just start level 2 today..just to see how it is. So far, I like it. It makes me sweat like crazy! and Jillian pisses me off! lol I yell at the tv..haha! But I've dropped 4 lbs so something mus tbe working. As, for calorie in-take I eat no more than 1,200 . Plus, I just started a gluten free diet ...maybe my tummy issues will go away. I will continue to KICK *kitten* and get my *kitten* kicked by Jillian. Good Luck to you all! P90 x is killer! too hard for me ;)
  • BronnersHarris
    BronnersHarris Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm on level 2 day 6 - any shred users are welcome to add me. :)
  • flobee76
    flobee76 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    FWIW: I hated level 2 as well. Absolutely HATED IT!! I loved level 3.
  • erikapereira
    erikapereira Posts: 196
    Options
    I AM ON MY DAY 9 FROM LEVEL 1. FIRST DAYS I THOUGHT IT WAS TOO MUCH BUT NOW I FINE. I AM NOT GOING TO GIVE UP. AFTER I FINISH THE SHRED MAYBE I WOULD START SHED & SHRED OR THE 90 DAY CHALLENGE
  • Cyanid3
    Cyanid3 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 3 of level 2 today - it definitely is hard but I feel so accomplished after. My body is sore but I do feel more toned than before. I'm determined to finish all 30 days. :) I'm already looking for a new workout to move to after the 30 days.
  • a_new_dawn
    a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Im on day 23. Feel free to read my blog which goes over my progress fron day 1. The shred is very hard work but so worth it. Push through it, you will see results fast if you put the effort in. I have lost 6lbs in weight and about 5 ins so far. My tummy looks so much flatter and my horrible bingo wings slightly more defined. My favourite level is level 3. Good luck with your shred!
  • khloee1
    Options
    Did level 2 today...wowza! kicked my butt! I am going to keep it up! Anybody know how many calories are burned while doing 30DS?
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    I just finished day 3 of level 2 today - it definitely is hard but I feel so accomplished after. My body is sore but I do feel more toned than before. I'm determined to finish all 30 days. :) I'm already looking for a new workout to move to after the 30 days.

Im doing ripped in 30 after my shred. I have seen fantastic results from people who have done both of these dvds
  • khloee1
    Options
    I will try that after...I do my 30ds. Any idea how much calories burned while doing the levels? Idk if I should go walking after the work out or if it's enough?
  • bex_86_
    bex_86_ Posts: 92
    Options
    I done level 1, day 2 today and my legs are so sore; I'm so out if shape; determined not give though!!
  • wayne4825
    wayne4825 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    My fiance and I are currently doing 30 DS. We completed Level 3 Day 1 tonight. I actually have hated this from day 3 but am sticking to it because I know it's working and I love doing this next to my fiance. It's tough. We did each level for 10 days. This level 3 is going to be fun due to it's exercises, for me anyway, are a little awkward. I have seen a change. I'm losing my pooch around my mid section and lower abs. I'm starting to V off a little bit. Still pudgy but I'm working on it. I hate it and I cuss her everyday but I know it's working and that's what I purchased the DVD for was a workout that works.

I hope you enjoy it and good luck to you.

Feel free to add me
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    I will try that after...I do my 30ds. Any idea how much calories burned while doing the levels? Idk if I should go walking after the work out or if it's enough?

It's around 230 calories but of course this will vary from person to person and with amount of effort put in. Personally I find on certain days, the shred is more than enough exercise, but on other days I feel more energetic and I will do zumba or yoga as well. (shred in the morning, zumba or yoga in the evening) Walking is always good though, it helps stretch out those aches and pains after your shred!
  • JessicaMurch5515
    JessicaMurch5515 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I had great results on this last summer and I started doing it again about a week ago. The only problem I have with Level 1 is the impact. After 2-3 days of level 1 my foot/shin doesn't want to take weight. So now I have to sub the jumping jacks and jump rope moves with more of the punches.

I bought No More Trouble Zones over the weekend because I was told its all weight work as opposed to cardio/impact but I haven't tried it yet.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,402 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I think I might just start level 2 today..just to see how it is. So far, I like it. It makes me sweat like crazy! and Jillian pisses me off! lol I yell at the tv..haha! But I've dropped 4 lbs so something mus tbe working. As, for calorie in-take I eat no more than 1,200 . Plus, I just started a gluten free diet ...maybe my tummy issues will go away. I will continue to KICK *kitten* and get my *kitten* kicked by Jillian. Good Luck to you all! P90 x is killer! too hard for me ;)

You really should probably be eating more. The first week or two is all water weight, especially if you havent watched your calories or exercised before. At only 20 lbs to lose, you should aim for 1/2 or 1 lb of weight loss per week. What happens when you under eat is your body will hold onto calories in the form of fat. If you want to cut fat you should aim for a small calorie deficit. Too large and you increase the chances of losing muscle mass. Muslce mass is what makes a body thin and tight as well as a controller for your metabolism.

Ps- p90x is friggen awesome. But it does require a ton of calories (1800+).