What is your favorite cruise line?

Options
suerun11
suerun11 Posts: 136 Member
My husband and I are planning our vacation for next year...it will involve a bikini! So now I have even more reason to kill it here. For those who have taken a Caribbean Cruise, what is your favorite cruise line and time of year to go? We are going for seven days. What are your favorite ports of call and excursions to not miss?

Replies

• longhaul64
    longhaul64 Posts: 124
    Options
    That would be some great info. My wife and I are going when I hit my goal weight.
  • INSANITY43
    INSANITY43 Posts: 142
    Options
    bump....
  • reactor25
    reactor25 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are planning our vacation for next year...it will involve a bikini! So now I have even more reason to kill it here. For those who have taken a Caribbean Cruise, what is your favorite cruise line and time of year to go? We are going for seven days. What are your favorite ports of call and excursions to not miss?

I have only been on one cruise, Disney, and we went to the east Caribbean, St Marteen and St Thomas, and it was awesome. I would go again.
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    "Show me the money"
  • asongforholly
    asongforholly Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I just booked a carribean cruise for November of this year for Hubby and I! Did lots of research, and if you have kids Disney and Carnival. Teens/tweens Royal carribean. No kids: Princess and Celebrity. Older couple Norwegian..

We're going on Royal Carribean on the Allure of the Seas as it's a newer ship and has more adult-orientated areas on board than a normal Royal Carribean ship.

Edit: We're going East Carribean from Ft. Lauderdale.
  • 1maxie
    1maxie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My husband and I both loved Carnival and Norwegion.. Carnival was Puerto Rico ,St Thomas , and Tortola.. beautiful and Norwegion was St Thomas (I love it there) Tortola and Bermuda... ST Thomas and Tortola was my favorite...
    Hope you have a great time..
    susan
  • ohpiper
    ohpiper Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I would recommend Royal Caribbean. Princess is similar. Carnival ships were older and not quite as well maintained. I'm sure, though, you will have a nice time.
  • futuremalestripper
    futuremalestripper Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I have only went on Norwegian, but it was a crappy experience. My girlfriend kept telling me the entire time "this is not how all cruises are!" The people I went with have been on every major cruise line and they all say that Royal Carribean is the best. Supposedly Carnival has a bit larger cabins, but the service, food, and experience are best on Royal Carribean. My next cruise is on RC!
  • chicobike
    chicobike Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have only been on Princess Cruise lines... I really like them. I think they tend to attract a little "older" audience. I have cruised with and without kids... if I do it again with kids- it will probably be a Carnival or Disney. With just the wife- only Princess.

If you haven't yet booked- google Cruise Critic. They have a great message board there for you to ask questions- or just read.... tons of information. From how to book your cabin on the cheap, to what ships and rooms to avoid... Once you decide on your cruise, there boards for you to ask questions about excursions and whatnot.
  • lauralizzy829
    lauralizzy829 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm 25 and just took a 2 week Mediterranean Cruise with Princess this past fall. I honestly chose the cruise bc of the ports of call (Barcelona, Monte Carlo, Pisa/Florence, Rome, Naples, Athens, Mykonos, Ephesus, Istanbul, and Venice). The crowd was a bit older, but I still had a blast. The night clubs/bars were fun and the food was great! A pool is a pool and a beer is a beer no matter who is around you haha.
    Everything was very clean and our steward and waiter for the cruise were awesome. Great wine tastings to do during the days at sea. I happened to win a massage and got to experience the spa which again, was amazing. I was very impressed and would choose again.
  • hpynh2o
    hpynh2o Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Every other year we plan a huge family and friends vacation on a cruise ship. Our group started at 65 people about 6 years ago but for 2013 we'll have about 150! We've been on several cruise lines (Celebrity, Disney, RC and Carnival). For our big groups we have always had the most fun on Carnival. On a Carnival ship, no matter where you go there is music playing and it just feels more festive, plus there is always a ton of stuff to do for everyone. Our group is rather ecclectic... young, old, drinkers, etc... everyone always has a great time. The ports are what you make of them. I look for diversity in the ports. Some places are built up tourist traps and others are third world countries. My favorites: Bonaire, Dominica and the cruise lines private beaches.
    Have fun!
  • rvpearson
    rvpearson Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have only been on Royal Caribbean. I have done 3 cruises; Mexico, Alaska, and Caribbean. If you are going to Grand Cayman, definately do the tour to "Sting Ray City", it was probably the best part of our cruise....amazing! In this tour we also went to the turtle farm, rum cake factory, and "Hell" (a town). In Jamaica we did the Dunns River Falls, a lot of fun! In Cozemel we did the clear kayaking/snorkling.....wouldn't suggest this, not nearly as good as the pictures have you believe it is! In Haiti we just spent the day on the beach. We had a lot of time at each place to do a tour and then shopping as well as time at the beach. We love cruising!! Hope you have a wonderful vacation!
  • sandiburn
    sandiburn Posts: 149
    Options
    we love carnival. but we also live in tx, so we just drive down to the coast and hop on a boat . Its such a cheap vaca and we LOVE it.
  • _HeyMommy_
    _HeyMommy_ Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    My parents go on a few cruises a year... all with Princess. They love all of the ships in the line, but prefer the
    Golden and the Coral because they have the same basic layout. We have gone on one, on the Golden, to Alaska.
    Was amazing.
  • ladyluch99
    ladyluch99 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Leaving Saturday for a cruise on Royal Caribbean's Oasis of the Seas. This will be our first time on RC but we took a cruise in 2009 on Carnival and loved it. I've always heard RC is better than Carnival so I will see for myself soon.
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    We are frequent cruisers. Royal Carribbean by far has the best adult ambiance. Next is the Norwegian Cruise line- I prefer formal dining. I did not care too much for freestyle dining. Carnival is the pits-too much of a young set ( we went on three different Carnival ships and it was the same being overrun by young people- too loud and the entertainment was very lacking).
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Royal Carribean, we were on the Liberty of the Seas. We stopped in Labadee Haiti, Ocho Rios Jamaica, Georgetown Grand Caymans and Cozumel Mexico. In Haiti, we stayed with the beach, Jamaica we took a cab ride tour (organized off ship through the tourist commission, very important to use these guys), Grand Caymans we swam with dolphins and visited the turtle farm and in Mexico we went Snuba diving.
  • klynn08
    klynn08 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Royal Caribbean, any of their ships and any ports are beautiful! Don't miss out on the Jetski's, Snorkeling, Dolphin swims, Sting ray encounters, and Parasailing!
  • suerun11
    Options

I have only been on one cruise, Disney, and we went to the east Caribbean, St Marteen and St Thomas, and it was awesome. I would go again.

WE WANT TO DO THE KID FRIENDLY ONE NEXT TIME, THOUGH MOST SAY THAT DISNEY IS FOR ADULTS BECAUSE THE KIDS ARE SO BUSY! :) THANK YOU!
  • suerun11
    Options
    I just booked a carribean cruise for November of this year for Hubby and I! Did lots of research, and if you have kids Disney and Carnival. Teens/tweens Royal carribean. No kids: Princess and Celebrity. Older couple Norwegian..

We're going on Royal Carribean on the Allure of the Seas as it's a newer ship and has more adult-orientated areas on board than a normal Royal Carribean ship.

Edit: We're going East Carribean from Ft. Lauderdale.
    [/quote

Thank you, did the Princess Alaska Cruise with our grandparents, loved it but we were the youngest on the boat by about 30 years:) Carnival seemed like a spring break in Mexico...So please let me know how Royal Caribbean is! Also Celebrity looks fun!