Do you feel guilty when........?

Options
Do you feel guilty when you eat something that you know made you fat in the past, but you are still under your goal for the day.
Happened to me yesterday........I love cheese coneys and used to eat about 4-5 at a time. Yesterday I had 1 but still felt like
scum after I ate it. Am I the only one that feels this way? LH

Replies

• MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Yes. Sometimes I do feel this way.

But think about how far you've come. You ate 1. Not 4 or 5. That's really awesome! That takes a lot of self control. You should feel proud. That's a big step. Don't beat yourself up. :wink:
  • Mrs16
    Mrs16 Posts: 86
    Options
    Yes! I had pizza yesterday and felt like crap - I only had 2small squares and was in my calorie range but still felt awful!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    No because I think everything is allowed, just not 24/7.
  • heyitsmegxx
    heyitsmegxx Posts: 444
    Options
    Yeah! I always feel guilty when that happens! Ugh!
  • Luc245
    Luc245 Posts: 73
    Options
    No I don't feel guilty as long as I eat in moderation. If I am under my daily calories and I ate more than just doughnuts then I am happy and proud of myself.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    zomg i love the chili cheese coneys at sonic ....... its been too long i need one
  • SWEETS1234
    SWEETS1234 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Sometimes but I don't believe in cutting any foods out all together. All is good in moderation.
  • aphillips8180
    aphillips8180 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    When I eat it in moderation, no. When I over indulge, yes. I think you did absolutely fine by eating 1. I've found that for myself I can't completely cut something out, even if I know it isn't good for me because I'm in this for the rest of my life and I know I won't go the rest of my life without a Reese Cup. :) Good job only having one! :)
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    nope.

I just eat less of it.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Yes. Sometimes I do feel this way.

But think about how far you've come. You ate 1. Not 4 or 5. That's really awesome! That takes a lot of self control. You should feel proud. That's a big step. Don't beat yourself up. :wink:

THIS!! ^ ^ ^
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Nope. The only time I feel guilt is when I overdo it, because by now I KNOW I'm overdoing it. I feel a little regret sometimes when I don't exercise enough to allow certain things for that particular day, but I refuse to feel guilt about eating the things I love and I work them into my daily allottments.
  • kellyhuble
    kellyhuble Posts: 15
    Options
    I feel guilty too but you are doing an amazing job! :) It's hard because I associate eating my addictions (like chocolate) with how I ate in the past, and I have to remind myself that I am in a long journey to change...so are we all!
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I had McDonald's for breakfast and Panera for lunch. I am -3 on my cals before a workout and over 100 gms protein.

No need to beat yourself up over food.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I feel guilty sure but I'm trying to make my mindset to not feel guilty as long as I'm under the calories and macros. I mean, I love icecream and I know I'm not going to live the rest of my life without icecream. Why would I want to live a life without icecream and I sure as hell don't want to live the rest of my life in guilt. As long as I use such foods like a "treat" rather than a norm, I am training myself to not feel guilty over them.
  • vallemic
    vallemic Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    If I eat too much of the bad thing and it puts me way over my calories, the guilt sets in. BUT if I can manage to fit a bit of the bad thing and still be ok with my calorie intake for the day then I feel good :)
  • PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I do feel guilty when I eat food that isn't in my dietary guidelines, which is all organics, no perservatives, no additives, etc. I know this is a stupid one, i was sick as a dog a few weeks ago, couldn't eat, so i bought Ginger Ale, the only soda I can tolerate. I felt awful for drinking it though... CRAZY right?
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Not when the portion is reasonable....only when I really go crazy despite my promises to myself not to do so.
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I had 2 chocolate filling oreo cookies which is 150 cals so I didn't feel guilty cause I was still under my calories.
  • paulasue145
    paulasue145 Posts: 157
    Options
    I'm trying to get over that feeling! Especially if i'm with in the calorie goal. What's to feel bad about?! Nuffin !

So, I can say to you.... ''Way to Go! you Only had one! You did AWESOME today!'' You ate it and it wasn't a trigger to have 3 or 4 more! That's a Huge accomplishment for you!
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I only feel guilty when I eat processed meats, even when it fits into my goals for the day. I know I shouldn't eat kolbasa, hot dogs, sausage, bacon and my worst one--lunch meat. It makes my fingers swell up from the nitrites. The worst part is I love the stuff and still do occasionally eat it.

Btw, Congrats on eating just ONE! That truly is progress. You're doing so well, don't beat yourself up about it. You stayed within your goals. That;s the important part!