9/21 start for C25K

Options
So, I am starting the Couch to 5K on Monday. I have a couple people elsewhere that are doing it with me, no one physically with me. I was wondering if there were any others out there that were planning to, or wanting to, start this soon.

I am starting on Monday, 9/21, if anyone would like to join me.

Replies

• denise5374
    Options
    I Would love to join you. I just joined this site today and I found the C25K website yesterday.

I have never been successful running before hopefully this time I can. I have been walking consistently for about a month now.
  • mhayes13
    mhayes13 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I started a few weeks ago (finished the last session of week 3 this morning) and love it. I have never been a runner in my life (I am 43 now) and with this process I find myself actually looking forward to the days I am scheduled to run. Advice from a novice - get good shoes and if you have an Apple iTouch or iPhone there is an app that really helps with tracking the process. Good luck and I am sure you will like it.
  • Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    i had just quit smoking last time i attempted this and really flunked all my exercises back then. so its about time i tried this again. i only managed two days last time. lol. i have the podcasts already so im ready to run. could be fun. losing hope in all my efforts so far.

sat at plateau heaven.
    Ben
    :smile:
  • chrissey
    chrissey Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!!! I started a few weeks ago and had to stop due to a cold..although I didn't make it past the 1st week before I had to stop..I have never run in my life..but I was always so jealous of those who can..I'm IN!!!!
  • sabbles
    Options
    I'd love to join! I've never gotten past week one, for various reasons, but now I have a really great podcast and I'm ready to try it again!
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Count me in. I started runnign again this week. I am not sticking stricktly to the C25K plan but I am running and could use the support. I am looking forward to my next run probably tomorrow weather perminting
  • jigglybits
    jigglybits Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    just finished week one so count me in :happy:
  • Simplicity
    Options
    Anyone still up for it.

I had 5am start this morning so v tired but finish work at three then its running time. will try to do this along with the push up challange of which im on week three. its hard work but i do look better for it even though my weight hasn;t moved much.

hope other people do it. didn't get far last time lol.

Ben
    x:smile:x
  • smadag1
    Options
    I would start today but I don't think the weather is going to let me
  • denise5374
    Options
    I am ready to start tonight. I downloaded the podcast and am ready to roll(or run actually LOL)

I'll let you know tomorrow how it went.
  • jigglybits
    jigglybits Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    started week 2 today thought I was gonna fall off the tread mill..:laugh: .made it through but it was harder than week one for sure
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!!! I started a few weeks ago and had to stop due to a cold..although I didn't make it past the 1st week before I had to stop..I have never run in my life..but I was always so jealous of those who can..I'm IN!!!!

Don't give up - if week 1 is too hard cut the run time down by 15 seconds and try that then keep on building up from there.....I've never run either but I finished Couch to 5k in July and my first 5k is less than 2 weeks away-YOU CAN DO IT!
  • malibootie
    malibootie Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I started this about two weeks ago. I was completely on track the first week and about to start the second week when I let my life interfere. I want to get back on track, even if that means I work a full day, go to school at night and THEN run. Now I just need the discipline for those nights!
  • smadag1
    Options
    RIght now I think I am going to have to learn to run in the rain :grumble:
  • BobbieJo_1977
    BobbieJo_1977 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Finally something that didn't start months ago!! LOL! I am so in!
    ~BobbieJo
  • JapaneseAngel27
    Options
    I just came back to MFP after being away for several months and this is exactly what I needed to see. I'm in!

171497.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Plans
  • denise5374
    Options
    Well I just got back from Day 1 week 1 adn boy am I tired! I don't know that my running was exactly running (more like a real quick walk) but I made it through. Wednesday is Day 2.
  • Simplicity
    Options
    i did day one today instead. fell asleep after work yesterday.
    i did it outside and ran too far in one direction and ended up miles away from home lol. burnt 400 cals though according to the HRM. Happy days.
    it was hard work i feel like i am running funny. there must be a technique i missed lol. oh well might do day 2 tommorrow or thursday not sure yet. im working late shifts this week which is perfect for exercise.

oh well lets see how long i last.
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I actually forgot I started this thread. I had a very busy weekend.

Well, I did start yesterday. Week 1 - Day 1. It was harder than I thoguht it would be. I pushed my girls in their double stroller, which probly made it harder. But, I did it. I only skipped the second to the last minute of running. I was super hot and tired when I finished, but I was proud of myself and it didn't take long to feel good about it.

Today, I'm a little sore. Mostly its the very top, inner part of my thigh. Not sure why, but I like the soreness. The hardest part of the running was breathing and my chest hurting. Hopefully that gets better. I might see about going to the dr and getting an inhaler for physical activity. I get winded really easily.

Anyway, glad to see so many people joined on. I hear ya on finally finding a recent one. I always open threads that are about half way done. That's why I started my own.

I will try day 2 tomorrow. Tonight, I think I'll shred.
  • smadag1
    Options
    Weather perminting i will run again tonight