Mom's don't look...

Options
vade43113
vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
Being mother's day is this weekend, and I no longer have a mom on earth to celebrate it with...

I was wondering, what you guys have planned for this weekend, to show mother dearest how much you loves her?

Replies

• LiteBrite007
    LiteBrite007 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I was going to call her and say hi. Tell her I love her and then hang up.

then when I get home I was gonna buy her something really nice. Take her to dinner and give it to her there. Then buy her some drinks and bring her home.

Then I was gonna tuck her in the bed and watch the golden girls with her till she falls asleep.
  • shbretired
    shbretired Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    How about adopting a Mom for the day from a nearby Nursing home?
    I'm sure there's plenty of forgotten Mom's there.
  • NaiaNZ
    NaiaNZ Posts: 72 Member
    Options

I think this is an awesome idea!!

Personally - I am going to attempt to make her a yummy/awesome looking cake with fondant icing (need to practice for my son's birthday so will use Mum as a guinea pig lol). I also always cook a Roast meal on a Sunday, so will be inviting her over for a feast with all of the trimmings!!
    I am a mother myself, so I need to leave some room in the day for my boy to spoil me too! =P
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Being mother's day is this weekend, and I no longer have a mom on earth to celebrate it with...

I was wondering, what you guys have planned for this weekend, to show mother dearest how much you loves her?

Do you have a grandmom to celebrate with? I really like the idea of adopting a mom :smile:

My mom died when I was 13, but I have children of my own now so the day is always bittersweet. They'll make me something special for breakfast and lots of hugs and kisses I'm sure!
  • brentrhodes
    brentrhodes Posts: 139
    Options

GREAT idea!
  • paulalynell
    paulalynell Posts: 32
    Options
    I had 4 moms to celebrate this year, My mom, My GrandMOM, and my mother in laws (yes 2 eh!). So I sent flowers to my MILs. and For my mom and Meme I bought them flowers, took them to dinner, got my Meme a cookie cake (for her birthday), and then picked an inexpensive gift for my mom a nightgown and bandana since next weekend they will be on a bike run and for my meme a potted plant. I also went to cardstore.com and shutterfly and made them personal cards with pictures of my kiddos and nice messages.

Now for myself I took my daughter and went to dinner and had pedicures! She just turned One so it was nice, because it was her first non-mommy given pedi!
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Do you have a grandmom to celebrate with? I really like the idea of adopting a mom :smile:

My grandmother, lives 2 states away... So the most, I could do is send flowers and call.

A huge step down from the things, I did for my mom.

And as for the idea of adopting, I don't think I want to this year, I agree it is a great idea. Just not this year kind of idea
  • xPOOKiEx
    xPOOKiEx Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna buy her flowers, take her out for the meal of her choice and spend the whole day just her and I :)
  • LondonEliza
    LondonEliza Posts: 456 Member
    Options

This poster wins the daily 'best idea communicated via the internet' prize!!
  • CoachMelissaDi
    CoachMelissaDi Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I was going to call her and say hi. Tell her I love her and then hang up.

then when I get home I was gonna buy her something really nice. Take her to dinner and give it to her there. Then buy her some drinks and bring her home.

Then I was gonna tuck her in the bed and watch the golden girls with her till she falls asleep.

HAHA! Love it!!
  • shannoninBC
    shannoninBC Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Mom, sister and I are going for pedicures and then burgers and beer. We need to plan our own partay since the men in our lives are totally *kitten* clueless.
  • SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Will go flower shopping at my beloved greenhouse and pick up a beautiful basket or bush for my hubby's Auntie. Love her so much! a couple of years ago we spent the day making her a new flower garden just outside of her dinning room window. She spends so much time out in that little garden.

oh and i want to also add my Daughter took me to a concert this past Sunday. Was a great experience and one we will always remember! oh the singing and dancing. rock style (i'm still trying to catch up on my sleep;)
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options

My grandmother, lives 2 states away... So the most, I could do is send flowers and call.

And as for the idea of adopting, I don't think I want to this year, I agree it is a great idea. Just not this year kind of idea

Is this your first year without her? It's tough ((cheesy hugs))
  • Temple_Fit
    Temple_Fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I will be calling other mom's to wish them a happy mother's day, since I can't wish my mother a happy mothers day. R.I.P Carla B. Smith!
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    This will be my second Mother's Day without my mom. No grandmothers living and I don't have children. The adopting for the day is a sweet idea, but honestly, I'd rather just ignore the day as much as possible. It hurts too much otherwise.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

**Hugs**

I have the same sadness around Father's Day.

Plant a tree or do something postivie that would make her proud. :flowerforyou:
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm running a 10K that weekend and visiting my mother-in-law, but honestly, I'm not doing anything special for her.

Actually, I take that back. I'm bringing her granddaughter down to visit, driving 5.5 hours to do so, and putting up with her opinionated self for an entire weekend. That is a big enough sacrifice on my part for a whole year right there.
  • GabrielleZelda
    GabrielleZelda Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Very sorry to hear about your mom :(. I'm sure she's watching over you.
    Unfortunately I'm cooked up in a lab this Mother's day!