Really tired!!!

Options
Hi there

Lately I've been completely exhausted. I normally go for a 30 minute walk every morning before work, that takes me up and down hills and generally keeps my heart pumping hard.

For some reason the past few mornings I've been completely buggered. I struggle to get out of bed by 6.30 (which is the latest I should get up to be on time for work), and I'm asleep on my chair, or ready for bed, by 9pm!

I have no energy to work out, and I just want to sleep all the time. On Saturday I slept all morning (which I haven't done since I was in school) and didn't even move when my brother bounced on my bed and even bit my thumb! (not joking there)

Any advice???

Replies

• AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Get tested for anemia and diabetes.
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    What AZ, said, but

Anything else change?
  • ciaobella47
    ciaobella47 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    How long has it been going on? And is this the first time you've had a period of exhaustion?
  • mikesa3
    mikesa3 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Drink water. I was feeling the same way a few weeks ago. I was getting out of breath easily and ready to take a nap all the time. My blood pressure was even high and had never been before. I'm not sure how I figured it out but once I started drinking a cup of water as soon as I wake up and another about 1/2 hour before going to the gym I felt so much better. My heart rate does not go way high so quickly now and I have so much more energy. I always drank water during workouts but I guess I was already dehydrated so it wasn't helping. I've never been much of a water drinker but now drink 7-8 cups a day because it makes me feel so much better. I also have upped my protein but I think the water has made the most difference. Try it and let me know if it helps.
    Nancy
  • Squeezie88
    Squeezie88 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Get tested for anemia and diabetes.

I have a history of anemia, but i got tested only a few weeks ago, and while my iron was a little low, it's still well within "normal" range. I had a chat with my doc about it and he thinks that I might just have a naturally low hemoglobin. I've not had issues this noticeable for years, and that was when my iron was ridiculously low.

This particular bout only started on Saturday. Before then I was totally fine.
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough? Don't know what your calories are set at, but you need to eat at least your BMR (it is better to eat more than that daily).
  • Squeezie88
    Options
    urbanhippieru: my calories are set at 1400 a day, but my BMR is about 1500, so I aim to eat that every day. That said, I've just realised that lately I've only been eating about 1300, because I'm just not that hungry. Can you recommend any pariculr high calorie foods that might help relive tiredness?
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    anything sugary....

peanut butter would help with the Iron thing... I think... Any kind of nuts really

Whole Grains
    Fatty fish (especially Salmon and Tuna*)
    Sunflower seeds
    Dairy products (Milk and Yogurt)
    Chicken
    Eggs
    Mushrooms
    Beef
    Water
  • Squeezie88
    Options
    thanks everyone! really appreciate the advice :) I'll let you know in a few weeks how it goes. Wish me luck! :)
  • mrsgoodwine
    mrsgoodwine Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I was having the same problem, turns out I was anemic.
  • mrsgoodwine
    mrsgoodwine Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Stress will also cause exhaustion.
  • melbellkid
    melbellkid Posts: 72
    Options
    Thyroid issues will cause that too...I started feeling like the worlds biggest slug and it lasted months til I got tested and found out that it was REALLY off. Within a week of starting meds I almost felt human again!